Established in 1992, The Professional Program is a five-year integrated program that offers students the opportunity to simultaneously earn a Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting and a Master’s of Science in any one of the business majors. The program targets students pursuing an undergraduate degree in accounting at Mays Business School. As part of the MS coursework, students can specialize in Financial Management, Management Information Systems, Taxation, Auditing, Marketing or Entrepreneurial Leadership. Completion of the courses required for these degrees also qualifies Professional Program students to sit for the CPA exam. In addition, Professional Program students often graduate with a signed offer for a full-time job working for a major accounting firm or corporation.
- 2015 5th best graduate universities for accounting professionals, LinkedIn (2015)
- 2012 Tied 15th public undergraduate program (19th overall), U.S. News & World Report
- 2011 Highest overall CPA exam pass rate for schools with more than five candidates
- 2010 2nd public business school for accountancy worldwide (10th overall), Financial Times
- 2009 Top CPA producing school in Texas, Texas State Board of Public Accountancy
About the Program: