There are multiple opportunities for BBA students to further their leadership and accounting skills.
Students have opportunities to take specialized coursework in the following interest areas. Some of this coursework can also count toward CPA eligibility.
While there are hundreds of student organizations on campus, students can also select business student organizations in areas that interest them. These organizations are great leadership development and networking opportunities.
Professional student memberships
Students are encouraged to stay connected by joining professional organizations. Most professional organizations offer a discounted student membership. Each membership offers different benefits to student members, but most include access to a members-only job portal, current events news in the profession, invitations to networking events, giveaways, and more. Many of our students are members of at least one of the below organizations:
- Accounting & Financial Women’s Alliance
- Association of Latino Professionals in Finance and Accounting
- Information Systems Audit and Control Association
- Institute of Internal Auditors
- Institute of Management Accountants
- National Association of Black Accountants
- Texas Society of Public Accountants