Our graduates find they are well prepared to pursue a wide array of career paths, including positions in:
- Human resources
- Nonprofit and government
- General management
- Startups and small businesses
Average starting salaries for Management majors graduating during the 2014-15 school year was $52,622, with averages increasing more than $2,000 per year during the last five years.
Some Management graduates continue their studies in a variety of graduate programs, including:
- Medicine (medical, dentistry, nursing, etc.)
- Public service and administration
- Human resources
- Healthcare administration
Mays Business School and the Management Department provide specific resources to assist current and former students who are seeking professional positions. These resources include:
- Career services – The Texas A&M Career Center and Mays Business School career coordinators provide an array of job search resources for students seeking internships, degree candidates seeking full-time positions, and former students seeking new opportunities.
- Information on internships – The Management department collects internship summaries from students who have completed the MGMT 484 internship course. These summaries include information about the job, how the internship was found, and employer contact information. Interested students can review this information, which is compiled in binders in 483 Wehner.
- Former student listserv – Graduates can stay connected to the Management department through an email listserv. Emails, which may number from zero to two per month, include job openings, campus events, and other opportunities that may be of special interest to former students. To subscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the body of the message, type SUBSCRIBE management-former-students firstname lastname.