April 15th, 2010
Sometimes life is taxing–especially on April 15. It’s easy to focus on old struggles that still produce new setbacks, or even to indulge websites like FML.com with the sort of groaning acceptance that life does, indeed, stink. Sometimes it seems that way, but one of the best ways to get out of a funk is to think positively and serve others. Here are my happy thoughts for today. Tell me about yours.
1. I get my Aggie ring tomorrow.
2. The wildflowers in and around College Station (and across Texas) are out of this world.
3. I am dunking my ring in a pint of Ben and Jerry’s Cherry Garcia ice cream on Saturday.
4. I might get to work at YMCA Camp Grady Spruce again this summer.
5. The MSCC Visual Arts Committee held an art show last night that rocked my world.
6. Oranges make delicious breakfasts.
7. I’m finally making my very own t-shirt quilt and re-learning how to sew.
8. I have time to go on a walk around a gorgeous park every morning. It is sublime.
9. I’m wearing unmatching socks, and that makes me feel at least 10 years younger.
10. I have enough true blue, stick-by-me-through-anything friends of all ages to fill my right and left hand, and that is enough.