Executive Certificate in Construction Leadership
As the fast-paced construction industry continues to grow and evolve, it is important now more than ever for leaders within the industry to be well-versed on both the technical and business components. Improving your business acumen is imperative to having the competitive edge.
The Executive Certificate in Construction Leadership Program is a rigorous, informative, and a total immersion into the business of construction. This program aims to increase each attendee’s financial knowledge, decision-making skills and leadership abilities. The main topics covered include:
- Strategic Thinking
- Lean Principles, Scheduling and Continuous Improvement
- Contracts/Legal – Finance and Accounting
- Profit Planning and Decision Making
- Fundamentals of Strategic Marketing
- Risk Management and Safety
- Motivating and Developing Others
Who Should Attend?
The Executive Certificate in Construction Leadership Program is designed for those who wish to develop individual business acumen that will drive financial results for the business unit and company. Individuals such as:
- Business Unit Managers
- Recent/Future C-level Status
- General Superintendents/Field Supervisors
- Senior or Advanced Project Managers
- Operations Managers/Operations Officers
- Construction Managers/Division Managers/Business Unit Managers
This program is also encouraged for other operations-minded project staff, high potentials and emerging leaders.
|Structure||Week long program, (Monday - Friday)|
|Date||Please call for upcoming dates|
|Time||7:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Provided||Boxed lunch, snacks, coffee, drinks|
|Attendance</strong||Participants must attend the entire session to receive the certificate and associated credits continuing education units (CEUs).|
|Price||$5,000 per person
Please note that a 2.5% credit card fee will be applied during registration.
Class size will be limited to 30 participants.
Registration must be made 2 weeks in advance
- Faculty will be used from the Mays Business School and the Texas A&M University Department of Construction Science.
- Texas A&M University Department of Construction Science was among the first in the nation to be accredited by the American Council for Construction Education (ACCE) for both graduate and undergraduate programs.
The Center for Executive Development (CED) is accredited by the International Association of Continuing Education & Training (IACET) to provide CEUs to professionals in the construction industry.
|AM||Leadership: Leading from Within||Tom Marrs|
|PM||Communication: Motivating and Maintaining High-Impact Teams||Tom Marrs|
|Full Day||Finance and Accounting: Profit Planning and Decision Making||Karen Farmer|
|Full Day||Lean Principles, Scheduling and Quality||Zofia Rybkowski|
|AM||Lean Principles, Scheduling and Quality, continued||Zofia Rybkowski|
|PM||Risk Management and Safety – 2 hours|
Contracts/Legal – 2 hours
|AM||Fundamentals of Strategic Marketing||Janet Parish|
|PM||Strategic Thinking||Cindy Devers|