Raymond Ideas Challenge
About The Raymond Ideas Challenge:
The Raymond Ideas Challenge encourages undergraduate and graduate students to dream up the next great product or service and enter their big idea in this campus-wide competition. This program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Real-world experience: Students receive valuable experience developing business concepts, writing skills and presentation abilities.
- Networking opportunities: Students have the opportunity to network with the judges and gain invaluable contacts.
Following is a summary of key program details.
Participation: Students who are pursuing any major are encouraged to submit applications describing their concept.
Selection process: Members of the business and academic worlds judge each submission and the top 40 are named finalists. Finalists present their concept to judges from the business community who challenge them with questions.
The winners from the 2016 Raymond Ideas Challenge were announced at an awards reception on competition day, May 4, 2016
- First place ($3,000, Sponsored by Frank & David Raymond): Commercializing Low Earth Orbit with a Turnkey CubeSat Product | Trent Tate, Dakotah Karrer, Vince Rodriguez and David Smith
- Second place ($2,000, Sponsored by AAN): ReGrub | Ryan Woolsey and Blake Harvey
- Third place ($1,000, Sponsored by JBKnowledge): Motley Tool | McCalley Cunningham and Dayana Hansley
- Video Prize
- First place ($1,000, Sponsored by Cattelsoft): IceMe | Shravan Shetty, Aakash Jain, Yeshwanth Ja and Rishub Mishra
- Second place ($500, Sponsored by Freedom Equity Group): Pool | Reilly Mickelson, Mauricio Degregori and Colin Brady
- Third place ($250, Sponsored by Mark S. ’88 and Nancy E. ’90 Browning): GiftHer | Allison Kornher
- Honorable Mentions ($500, each team Sponsored by Startup Aggieland)
- WireSpare | Blake Harvey
- BAT-MoBIKE Service Center | Pradeep Subramanian Srinivasan,
- Quick Clip Reminder (TAMU CC) | Shelby Polasek and Vanessa Galindo
- DeHydraTect – Dehydration Detection Pacifier | Magy Avedissian, Nga Tang, Grace Fletcher, Scott Herting and Jose Wippold
Sponsorship: The Ideas Challenge benefits from the assistance of sponsors. Learn more about becoming a sponsor.
Learn more about the results of previous Ideas Challenge competitions.