European Union Business
The Certificate in European Union Business is an innovative undergraduate program which offers the opportunity to establish an international business and culture knowledge base which will prepare you to meet unique business challenges in the European Union.
With careful planning, the 21 semester hours required for the certificate can be completed within the 120 hours of the undergraduate business curriculum. The certificate program requires:
- International Culture: Nine semester hours of non-business international courses focusing on understanding the history, culture, politics, and economic policies of European nation-states.
- International Business: Twelve semester hours of business international courses (three hours must be in your major - except for INFO majors).
- Foreign Language: To effectively communicate and conduct business in the European Union, it's important that you know a non-English European language. To determine your language competency, you will either need to pass an oral competency exam administered by a Mays faculty member or pass a designated proficiency exam upon completion of your European Union experience.
- International Experience: A study abroad experience or an internship abroad.
Students interested in pursuing the Certificate in European Union Business should make an appointment with an academic advisor in the Undergraduate Program Office (UPO), 238 Wehner.
Steps to receiving the certificate
- Apply as early as your freshman year in the UPO, 238 Wehner.
- Plan ahead to schedule appropriate classes. You are responsible for acquiring the specific course work and the international experience.
- In your graduating semester, file for the certificate. You can complete the application online or obtain a copy from the UPO. Return the completed form to the UPO.
- Upon graduation, the certification will be posted to your official Texas A&M University transcript.