Master of Science in Marketing
The Master of Science in Marketing Program at Mays Business School at Texas A&M University is ranked as the #2 MS-Marketing Program in the U.S. (Best-Masters.com). With an emphasis on the application of cutting-edge marketing concepts, tools and techniques in real world business settings, this unique program is designed to provide students with an opportunity to:
- Master knowledge in various areas within the field of marketing and related fields.
- Acquire hands on experience applying various marketing concepts, tools, and techniques in business settings through participation in company-sponsored projects and an internship.
- Develop strategic thinking and business leadership skills by interacting with visiting executives and entrepreneurs in various forums.
The Master of Science in Marketing program is designed to serve three groups of students: (1) Students who choose to enroll in a specialized graduate program in marketing immediately after completing their undergraduate degree. (2) Students who choose to enroll in a specialized graduate program in marketing after acquiring some work experience. (3) Texas A&M University Professional Program in Accounting (PPA) students who select the MS-Marketing track.
Unique features of the program
- 12 and 16 Month Options: Students earning undergraduate degrees outside Texas A&M University typically complete the program in 16 months. Texas A&M undergraduates can complete the program in 12 months, through the “4+1 Program,” by taking 6 hours of graduate coursework during their Fall semester Senior year. They can also choose the traditional 16-month option.
- 36 Hour Program: Cutting-edge courses in consumer behavior, product innovation, branding and marketing communications, marketing research, marketing consulting, services marketing, marketing engineering, marketing analytics and pricing, and related fields.
- Corporate Mentorship Program: An 18-person Advisory Board, representing some of the leading firms in the U.S., provides input to the program and students. Each student is assigned to a Board member who serves as the student’s “Corporate Mentor” throughout the program.
- Company sponsored projects: Teams of MS-Marketing students are matched with sponsoring firms for two semester-long projects. Students acquire hands-on experience working on real world business projects, while developing strategic thinking and business leadership skills.
- Close working relationship with the Center for Retailing Studies: Housed in the Department of Marketing, the Center for Retailing Studies (CRS) enjoys a national and international reputation among retailing executives. The CRS enjoys the support of over 60 corporate sponsors and partner firms. MS-Marketing students get to meet and spend time with executives from many of these firms.
- Faculty reputation: The marketing faculty at Texas A&M University enjoys a reputation as one of the best in the world in both research accomplishments and classroom instruction.
- Student profile: High quality students (avg. last 60 hrs. undergrad. GPA: 3.5; GMAT or GRE above avg.).
Admission to the MS-Marketing program is based on the assessment of several factors including:
- Demonstrated leadership and academic potential
- Academic performance in undergraduate coursework (of the most recent admits, average GPR of the last 60 hours is 3.6)
- GMAT or GRE scores*
- Letters of reference
- Honors, awards, and extracurricular activities
- Relevant work experience (recommended, but not required)
- Personal or phone interview
- Demonstrated written and verbal English proficiency
- TOEFL scores (international students only)
*Although there are no minimum scores required for admission, it is recommended that applicants have at least a 600 GMAT or 150 verbal and 150 quantitative scores on the GRE. The Institution Code for the GRE is 6003. The Program Code for the GMAT is 7B7-K9-03.
Master's program applications can only be submitted online.
TOEFL and IELTS
Texas A&M requires that all applicants from non-English speaking countries present an official TOEFL or IELTS score. To be official, scores must be current and within two years of the date of application. Texas A&M’s Institution Code is 6003. The University’s minimum requirements are:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): a minimum score of 100 (Internet-based) or 250 (computer-based) is required for admission. Additional contact information can be found at www.ets.org/toefl/. TOEFL requirement is waived with a GRE verbal score of 150 or higher, or a GMAT verbal score of 22 or higher.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): a minimum score of 6.0. Additional information can be found at www.ielts.org.
- WES evaluation: While other programs might require a WES evaluation, please note that we dropped that requirement for this year.
Note: Individual graduate programs within Mays may have a higher requirement.
All students must complete the following courses or their equivalents before they begin the MS-Marketing program:
- STAT 651 — Statistics in Research I (or SCMT, STAT 303 or other three hours of undergraduate statistics)
- MKTG 621 — Survey of Marketing (or MKTG 321/409)
- MGMT 655 — Survey of Management (or MGMT 309/363)
- ACCT 640 — Accounting Concepts and Procedures (or ACCT 209/229)
- FINC 635 — Financial Management (or FINC 341/409)
As an MS-Marketing student, you are eligible to compete for a limited number of departmental graduate assistantships that provide a monthly wage and waiver of out-of-state tuition. In addition, all applicants are automatically considered for a limited number of departmental scholarships. More information on university financial aid is available from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
All applications are submitted online. Applications are accepted for the fall semester only. If applicants are accepted for the fall semester, but still need to take prerequisites, enrollment may be allowed in the spring or summer to take those prerequisite courses.
The application period begins approximately September 1. Applications are then considered on an ongoing basis until the class is full – which typically happens in early spring. After that, applicants meeting our admission criteria are placed on a Wait List in case a spot in the incoming class becomes available. As there are a limited number of applicants admitted and decisions are made on a rolling basis, prospective students are encouraged to apply during the fall or early spring semester.
For consideration for a university-level Graduate Merit Fellowship (for U.S. students with very high grades and GMAT/GRE scores), applications should also be in by December 10.
Students requiring all/most prerequisite courses should enroll in January or June to take their prerequisite classes during the spring or summer semester. International students desiring to take prerequisite courses in the spring should have their completed fall application in by September 15. U.S. students desiring to take their prerequisite courses in the spring should have their completed applications in by November 1. Students desiring to take prerequisite courses in the summer should have their application in by February 1 (international students) or March 15 (U.S. students).
Current Texas A&M University students applying to the 12 month program should apply during the fall semester of their Junior year.
For additional information about the MS-Marketing program, please read the FAQ.
MS-Marketing Director: Stephen W. McDaniel, firstname.lastname@example.org, (979) 845-5801