Mays PhD Program
We offer a unique doctoral experience that allows students to work closely with internationally recognized faculty, utilize modern facilities with state-of-the-art methods of conducting research, and participate in a dynamic atmosphere for intellectual development. Nowhere will you find faculty more accessible and interested in your development as a scholar.
With the network of our faculty, the excellent reputation of our doctoral program, and the market's expanding opportunities for doctoral graduates, now is the time for pursuing the pinnacle in academic achievements at the Mays Business School.
The major fields of study available are:
Within each field, you may choose an area of specialization.
Currently enrolled Texas A&M University graduate students
To apply for fall admission to Mays, contact the Mays PhD Program at email@example.com or call (979) 845-4711 for instructions.
Application submission dates and funding opportunities
Monitor the ApplyYourself login page for application closing updates and announcements throughout the application cycle.
These are not deadline dates to apply; the following dates are in chronological order of review opportunities.
- September 7: Fall application available to begin submission process.
- December 10: Strongly recommended that all applicants (U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and international) submit your online application/uploaded documents around December 10 to allow for early review and the most consideration for available financial support, including university, Mays and departmental fellowships.
- December 11 - January 11: Applications continue to be accepted and is the primary review period.
- January 12 - April 14: Applications continue to be accepted though some departments may begin closing applications as early as February. Funding opportunities may decrease as most review applications from December though February.
- April 15 - May 25: Departments begin closing applications as admission offers are accepted. Monitor ApplyYourself login page for closing updates.
- May 26: Application closes for annual updates. No additional application submissions can be accepted after this date, even if you have started your online application.
Application closings begin as early as February. Monitor the ApplyYourself login page for updates.
Application submission and departmental review are conducted electronically
We do not use official test scores or transcripts to review Mays PhD Program applications.
- Submit online application and upload requested documents only. Do not mail paper documents or additional information.
- Use ApplyYourself online application at mays.tamu.edu/graduateapplication
- Application fee paid online by credit card within the ApplyYourself application system.
- Upload supporting documents. No additional documents will be reviewed:
- Essay/Personal statement question(s).
- Scanned transcripts (.pdf) from each senior-level post secondary institution for the review process.
- Do not mail transcripts in hard copy or in sealed envelopes. Open, scan, and upload as requested.
- To reduce file size scan dpi around 150 if needed.
- Unofficial transcripts printed from student academic accounts may be uploaded.
- We understand a transcript may not list final grades if applying in a current semester.
- Professional resume.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation uploaded into ApplyYourself by the recommenders or they may submit by email. No more than three will be accepted for review.
- Unofficial GMAT or GRE scores will be typed in your application. Do not send and official or hard copy.
- The Core Residency Questionnaire is contained within the application.
- PhD applicants only need to complete parts A and B.
- Parts C-H are for MS/MRE applicants only and should not be completed by PhD Applicants.
- International applicant section
- Unofficial TOEFL or IELTS score will be typed in your application plus completing international section.
- Not reviewed: certificates, writing samples, research, etc.
Texas A&M University, in accordance with applicable federal and state law, prohibits discrimination including harassment: on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Find out more our program: Mays PhD Program Frequently Asked Questions
Find out more about applying: Application instructions for the Mays PhD Program
Apply now: Submit your application online
If you have any further questions the Mays PhD Program, you may either send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us by phone at (979) 845-4711.