Dealmakers – Application and Information
Applications are accepted each Spring for Dealmakers in Mergers and Acquisitions (ACCT 447 for undergraduates or ACCT 647 for graduates) for the following Fall semester. Admission requirements include:
- Must be either a 5th year undergraduate or a graduate student in good standing with minimum GPA of 3.40 from any major at the Mays Business School.
- Course prerequisites include:
- ACCT 229/230 (Introductory Accounting), and
- FINC 341 (Business Finance).
- Strong applicants should possess the following qualities:
- A strong academic performance, generally and within their major,
- Desire and interest to work collaboratively in teams, and
- Interest in investment banking, corporate M&A, private equity, transaction consulting or other investment and / or transaction professional services roles.
- Demonstrated leadership and meaningful involvement in classroom, community and / or student life.
Application Instructions and Requirements:
- All interested applicants are expected to attend the Dealmakers in M&A Information Session, if possible. Former Dealmaker’s students, Dealmaker’s key industry sponsors and faculty will be present to discuss this special course and to answer questions.
- Complete the Dealmakers in M&A Application Form:
- Open the PDF in browser; fill out the form from this view.
- You may print directly from the form or save it to your computer/flash drive then print.
- Print a typed copy to submit by the application deadline listed below.
- Insert a color photo at the top right corner of the first page of the application
- Provide at least one short nomination from a Texas A&M faculty member.
- This is due by 5:00 pm on Monday, April 16th and should be submitted from the Texas A&M faculty member directly to email@example.com.
- Provide a current resume.
- Complete Application Packets must be submitted in hard copy to Tim Torno, Executive Professor, on the following dates, at which time a short interview will be conducted. No early or late applications will be accepted.
- Tuesday April 17, 2018 from 2:00pm – 5:00pm
- Wednesday April 18, 2018 from 9:00am – 12:00pm
- Thursday April 19, 2018 from 9:00am – 12:00pm
- If your Application Packet does not include all of the required documentation and/or you do not meet the prerequisites, it is considered incomplete and will not be processed.
- All applicants will be notified of an admission decision by email by the end of the Spring semester.
Dealmakers Application Form:
- Download and complete the Dealmakers Application. Please print a saved copy to submit in hard copy only.
Nominations must come from a Mays Business School faculty member. Most nominations for business students come from Texas A&M Accounting and Finance faculty members. For your convenience, links to contact information for Accounting and Finance professors are below:
More Dealmakers in M&A Information:
limited to about 30 qualified students.
Class meets during the fall semester only once a week on Fridays from 9:00 AM-noon. The TAMU Executive Professor delivers content and facilitates case preparation every other week. The alternating content and cases are provided by 6-7 active M&A professionals from leading investment banking, private equity, corporate and advisory firms from across the nation.
Selected students learn the real world dynamics of mergers and acquisitions from experienced and currently active M&A professionals through a combination of lecture and actual deal cases. Group case presentations are critiqued by prominent Dealmakers brought in from around the country on a biweekly basis. Specific topics include finding the right deal, valuation methods and techniques, price and terms, negotiation skills, legal and tax aspects of deal structuring, pre and post-closing considerations and effective integration of acquired businesses.
Outside speakers sponsor group lunches on Fridays after class. Students will have the opportunity to interact with the real life Dealmaker’s in this social setting, allowing for a relaxed exchange of career ideas, market opportunities and other life lessons.
Key Industry Sponsors:
Drew Koecher, Class of 1988, Managing Director of Transaction Advisory Services at Houlihan Lokey, Dallas; former Partner and Transaction Services Leader with KPMG; 20+ years’ experience in global corporate and financial M&A.
Sean D. Murphy, Class of 1996, Principal and National Practice Leader with KPMG Deal Advisory, Dallas; 18+ years of experience serving private equity investors in their global M&A endeavors.
Tim Torno, Class of 1979, CPA with 35 years of Big 4/Chief Financial Officer experience; involved directly with over 25 M&A transactions as a CFO.
Questions? Please address your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.