Marketing Study Abroad
The Marketing Department at Texas A&M University is pleased to announce its 2018 Study Abroad Program in Europe. The program is open to all majors with an interest in international business.
Come join us on the largest (80 students) and longest continuously running (37 years) program in the history of Texas A&M University. Join us as we visit European businesses and experience the cultures in seven countries (England, France, Monaco, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, and Germany). It will be the educational experience of a lifetime!
All Majors are Welcome!
Students from all majors will benefit from the program. The Marketing Department Study Abroad Program will better prepare students for their professional careers by enhancing their ability to relate to other cultures and customs, as well as give students a frame of reference of European businesses and people. U3 or U4 classification, 2.5 GPA, and either MKTG 321 or 409 are prerequisites for participation.
2016 Study Abroad Testimonials
Morgan Oliver: “I will be 90 years old talking about this trip because I can say so confidentially that my 28 days in the Mays Marketing Study Abroad were the best 28 days of my life. Not only did I see the most incredible sights and experience beautiful places, but I made lifelong friends. Going on a trip like this with a group of 80 Aggies was the best decision I ever made. I will never stop talking about this trip, and the impact it made on me will never be forgotten.”
Kinsey Craig: “The Marketing Europe Study Abroad Trip offers an incomparable month- long journey that leaves a lasting impression on all who attend. I believe that there is no better way to learn about international business than to experience it firsthand. In addition to coming face-to-face with over a dozen successful companies, this study abroad provides countless opportunities learn about the history, society, and culture of eight countries. One of my favorite parts of the trip was building relationships with eighty hardworking students and our phenomenal faculty leaders. The Marketing Europe Study Abroad is an experience of a lifetime and I would highly recommend it to anyone.”
Jared Cole: “This trip has changed my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined. Between being immersed in new cultures, seeing businesses that had a wealth of knowledge, to meeting 80 new amazing friends, I would not give up my experience for anything. If you want the time of your life, go on this trip.”
Join us and…
Visit International Businesses
Company representatives from leading international firms meet with students to discuss their strategies for success in world markets. On-site visits and plant tours enhance the learning experience. Upscale department stores, advertisement agencies, Swarovski, BMW, and Audi are among the exciting visits scheduled.
Experience Different Cultures
The Study Abroad Program is much more than just business. It is a complete cultural experience. Discover Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. Explore the Louvre and the sidewalk cafes along the Champs Elysees in the “City of Light.” Feel the excitement of the French Riviera and the beautiful Mediterranean. Experience the rush of Austrian adventure sports. Marvel at the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps. Live the European experience!
Earn Course Credit
Students successfully completing the Marketing Department Study Abroad Program receive three (3) hours course credit for IBUS/MKTG 402, International Marketing: Study Abroad. Course credit for IBUS/MKTG 403, International Market Entry Strategies, is also available for students who wish to take another 3 semester credit hours. Both courses, and the study abroad experience, count toward requirements for the Certificate in International Business and the International and Cultural Diversity University requirement. Both courses are offered as 10-week Summer term courses.
Sources of Financial Aid are Available
More than 2,000 students have participated in this program since its inception in 1981. Many have received some financial assistance with their participation expenses. The Study Abroad Office (161 Bizzell West) and the Financial Aid Office (in the Pavilion) will assist students interested in obtaining financial aid. Visit with them before assuming you cannot afford the program. Scholarships are available through the Marketing Department for marketing majors, and may be available through other departments for students in other majors.
The price per student for the 2018 Study Abroad Program will be approximately $8,500 (including a $500 non-refundable deposit). The price includes round-trip airfare from George Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport; all ground transportation in Europe; tours of Oxford University and the British Parliament; bike tours in London, Paris, and Munich; a river cruise in Paris; tours in Avignon, King Ludwig’s Castle tour; a day at a snow park on top of Mt. Titlis; a Lake Lucerne boat cruise; accommodations at four-star hotels; and a full breakfast at each hotel.
Not included are 10-week Summer Term tuition and fees, costs of obtaining passport, personal expenses, outdoor sports, meals other than breakfast, and transportation to and from Bush Intercontinental Airport.
For the Experience of a Lifetime…
Check out the itinerary for more details about this unique international experience.
Look at a slideshow of last year’s trip.
Read testimonials from students who went on this past trip!
Act Now and Get Your Passport!
To ensure plenty of time for passport processing (which can take 3 months or longer), students should download a passport application and/or go to a U.S. post office and apply for their passport as soon as they are accepted into the program. The Center for International Business Studies in Mays Business School as well as Texas A&M’s Study Abroad office also provide passport assistance.
Find Out More and Apply for the Program!
Applications will start being accepted during the first week of the Fall semester. Because space is limited, students are encouraged to apply the fist week applications are open.
Scholarship Applications and Current Information
- Financial Aid Information: In order to apply for any financial aid through Texas A&M, you must fill out a Budget Request Form and turn it in to the Department of Student Financial Aid. These forms will be emailed to you upon acceptance to the program. Once you click on the Financial Aid link above, scroll down to the Study Abroad Programs Office listing and click the link. You will then see information regarding the two scholarships. When you are ready to apply, please click the login button. The same application is used for both of the study abroad scholarships.
- Baggage Info: View this PowerPoint Presentation that has important baggage information and helpful pointers for going on the trip. Please be aware of all baggage rules and regulations and look for the most current information at Baggage Essentials.
- Travel Do’s and Don’ts: This form has answers to a lot of the travel questions you may have and gives helpful pointers.
- Mandatory Information Sessions: Attendance is required at all meetings.
Other Useful Links
- Texas A&M Study Abroad Webpage
- TSA Travel Tips
- Application for a U.S. Passport: It is the responsibility of the students who are going on the trip to apply for their own passport. Start this process now! It can sometimes take three months or more to get a passport.
- Practical Advice
- Step-by-Step Guide to Studying Abroad
- Rick Steves’ Europe: Travel Tips: Travel tips and travel store – Excellent!
- International Student Identification Card (ISIC): The only internationally accepted student ID card and proof of current student status in existence that may provide discounts to certain events while on your upcoming study abroad trip.
- “Marketing study-abroad trip transforms students”
- 1st Pre-Departure Meeting
- 2nd Pre-Departure Meeting