C. Jeffrey Cai
Jeff Cai graduated with a PhD from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania. His substantive interests are in competitive strategy as relating to topics in strategic alliances, and behavioral economics as relating to topics in performance posting; as methodologies, he employs game theory and experiments as his primary toolkit.
Prior to obtaining his PhD, Jeff was a senior officer and assistant head at the Singapore Economic Development Board, where he held portfolios in strategic planning and economic forecasting, and focused on investments with aerospace companies. His diverse experiences in business often provide the backdrop for the research questions he is interested in solving.
Jeff is a native of Singapore. In his spare time, Jeff enjoys traveling, attending live classical/operatic performances, learning more about art, and running marathons.
- Cai, C. Jeffrey and Jagmohan S. Raju, “Keeping Your Enemies Closer: When Market Entry as an Alliance with your Competitor Makes Sense”, Marketing Science (2016)
Recent Teaching Evaluations
- Spring 2016: MKTG 448 (Marketing Strategy) – 3 sections, 79 students in aggregate
- 4.98/5.0 (Instructor), 4.92/5.0 (Course), 4.91/5.0 (Aggregate Items)
- Spring 2017: MKTG 448 (Marketing Strategy) – 3 sections, 80 students in aggregate
- 4.99/5.0 (Instructor), 4.97/5.0 (Course), 4.92/5.0 (Aggregate Items)
- Ad Hoc Reviewer – Journal of Marketing, Journal of Marketing Research, Management Science (Behavioral Economics; Marketing), Production and Operations Management
- Department Head Search Committee – 2017-present
- AMA Search Committee – Summer 2015, Summer 2016
- PhD Committee – 2015-present