I am a third year PhD student in Business Administration (Marketing). My passion is to learn about shopping choices in the digital economy using data. I leverage field and quasi experiments in my research. My current projects relate to mobile marketing and retailing. My work on mobile apps has been acknowledge by SSRN as among the top ten downloaded articles and the Marketing Science Institute (MSI).
Prior to joining the doctoral program, I was the Director of Marketing and Communications for the Institute for Personal Leadership where I led and managed the online education programs offered jointly with Columbia Business School Executive Education. I was also the Co-founder of a Delhi-based start-up Four Forty Hertz Music, a unique retail space for musicians.
In addition to research, I enjoy poetry, films, and spending time with my Golden Retriever Oliver and cat Elliot.
- Conference Presentation: “The Impact of Service Failures in Apps on Shopping Outcomes” presented at the 39th Annual ISMS Marketing Science Conference in June 2017. Watch video.
- Conference Presentation: “Patterns of Interactions in Two-Sided Markets: Insights from MOOCs” at Winter AMA, Orlando, 17 February 2017. Watch video.
- Conference Presentation: “Mobile App Stickiness and Drop: An Analysis of Shopper Behavior” at Indian School of Business (ISB) Hyderabad (by co-author) in January 2017 and at Darden, University of Virginia Theory + Practice in Marketing Conference in May 2017.
- Recognition: SSRN recognized my research with Dr. Venky Shankar among the Top Ten Downloaded papers in several categories, including Information Systems and Economics, Behavioral Marketing, Consumer Decision Making & Search and Marketing Science eJournals.
- Recognition: Marketing Science Institute (MSI) recognized my research with Dr. Venky Shankar as an MSI Working Paper in January 2017.
- Conference Presentation: “The Effects of Mobile Apps on Shopper Purchases and Product Returns” at Theory + Practice in Marketing, hosted by Mays Business School in Houston, 18 May 2016. Watch video.
MSI Working Paper