Application Deadlines – Fall 2018 Entry
We encourage you to submit your application when it best reflects your candidacy. We do review applications between deadlines, so you are welcome to submit any time you are ready. Decisions are released on a rolling basis once the Admissions Committee has completed the review process.
- October 18, 2017
- January 10, 2018
- February 28, 2018 (final deadline for international candidates)
- April 11, 2018
- May 16, 2018 (final deadline)
A complete application consists of the following items:
- Web-based application, including application fee.
- All current and former US Military members are eligible for an application fee waiver upon request – directions are on the online application. NOTE: No refunds will be issued to candidates who qualify for this program but submit their application with a personal credit card.
- Essay questions
- Two required essay questions and one optional (the optional essay is required for all re-applicants from the 2017 entry cycle)
- GMAT or GRE scores (GMAT code:7B7-K9-16, GRE code: 5586)
- If you have not sent an official score report to Mays, please upload an unofficial copy of your score report when submitting the application
- There are no minimum requirements for the total scores of these exams; however, the most competitive candidates generally score higher than the 50th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
- To be considered valid, the test must have been completed within the past five years.
- Please upload scanned copies of transcripts from each senior-level post-secondary institution attended.
- Official transcripts are required if admitted.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Our online application system will automatically send an email to any recommender you choose. You enter their contact information, and the system will track responses.
- Professional résumé
- We do not require a specific format, but encourage you to focus the content on your professional accomplishments.
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score (as applicable)
- A minimum TOEFL score of 250 (computer-based), 600 (paper-based) or 100 (TOEFL-iBT) is required. In place of the TOEFL, the IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0 may be submitted for admission consideration.
- To be considered valid, the test must have been completed within the past two years
If you submitted an application for the Fall 2017 entry term, you will need to create a new account with our online application system. Please do not edit your previously submitted application. Re-applicants need to complete the full application process as outlined above.
Complete applications will be evaluated by the MBA Admissions Committee. Competitive candidates will be invited to interview with a member of the committee.
If selected to continue the admission process, the candidate will participate in a personal interview. A personal interview with the program’s admissions committee is an integral part of the application review process. The interviews are by invitation and are conducted as an on-campus interview or via Skype.
Upon notification of selection for admission, a non-refundable deposit of $1,000 is required to reserve your place in the class.