Fall 2017 application deadlines
We encourage you to submit your application when it best reflects your candidacy. We do review applications between deadlines, so you are welcome to submit any time you are ready.
Please note that applications for Fall 2017 entry are currently being accepted on a rolling basis from domestic candidates (US Citizens and Permanent Residents only) until the class has filled. If you have questions about this process, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 979-845-4714 during business hours (8:00am to 5:00pm CDT).
If you are considering applying for Fall 2018 entry, we will provide updated information about the admissions checklist and application deadlines on this page by August 1, 2017.
Round 1 — October 26, 2016
Round 2 — January 25, 2017
Round 3 — March 1, 2017 — FINAL deadline for international applicants
Round 4 — April 19, 2017 — FINAL deadline for domestic candidates; applications from domestic candidates may be accepted/reviewed after this time if space remains in the class
A complete application consists of the following items:
- Web-based application, including application fee.
- All current and former US Military members are eligible for an application fee waiver upon request – directions are on the online application. NOTE: No refunds will be issued to candidates who qualify for this program but submit their application with a personal credit card.
- Essay questions
- Two required essay questions and one optional (the optional essay is required for all re-applicants from the 2016 entry cycle)
- GMAT or GRE scores (GMAT code:7B7-K9-16, GRE code: 5586)
- If you have not sent an official score report to Mays, please upload an unofficial copy of your score report when submitting the application
- There are no minimum requirements for the total scores of these exams; however, the most competitive candidates generally score higher than the 50th percentile on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
- To be considered valid, the test must have been completed within the past five years.
- Please upload scanned copies of transcripts from each senior-level post-secondary institution attended.
- Official transcripts are required if admitted.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Our online application system will automatically send an email to any recommender you choose. You enter their contact information, and the system will track responses.
- Professional résumé
- We do not require a specific format, but encourage you to focus the content on your professional accomplishments.
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS: TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE score (as applicable)
- A minimum TOEFL score of 250 (computer-based), 600 (paper-based) or 100 (TOEFL-iBT) is required. In place of the TOEFL, the IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0 may be submitted for admission consideration.
- To be considered valid, the test must have been completed within the past two years
If you submitted an application for the Fall 2016 entry term, you will need to create a new account with our online application system. Please do not edit your previously submitted application. Re-applicants need to complete the full application process as outlined above.
Complete applications will be evaluated by the MBA Admissions Committee. Competitive candidates will be invited to interview with a member of the committee.
If selected to continue the admission process, the candidate will participate in a personal interview. A personal interview with the program’s admissions committee is an integral part of the application review process. The interviews are by invitation and are conducted as an on-campus interview or via Skype.
Upon notification of selection for admission, a deposit of $1,000 is required to reserve your place in the class.