Ordering text books
Prior to each semester faculty will receive a form requesting textbook information used for each course being taught. This form should be turned in to department support staff for processing.
The forms require the following information:
- Course number and section
- Number of students projected in class
- Faculty must also note if the textbook is required or recommended.
For additional information regarding textbook ordering contact Wanda Justice at 845-0355.
Review copies/desk copies of textbooks
- Teaching faculty may request to receive a review copy of textbooks. Your unit’s support staff can obtain these copies from the publishers.
Accommodations for students with disabilities (ADA guidelines)
- It is the students’ responsibility to provide the instructor with documentation showing that they have registered with A&M’s Disability Services and requested accommodation.
- It is the instructors’ responsibility to work with Disability Services to provide reasonable accommodations.
- For complete guidelines, visit Disability Services.
Incomplete grade change forms
Check with your unit staff for the information you need.
Grade change forms
- Faculty can make grade changes by submitting an A&M grade change form.
- Forms are available through your unit support staff and are kept in a locked, secure space.
- Fill out the form with the appropriate information, and return to the unit support staff for processing.
- The form is first signed by the department head, a copy is kept on file, and the original is sent to the records section of the Office of the Registrar in a sealed departmental envelope.
- Faculty will receive a completed copy of the form for their records through campus mail a few weeks later.
- Copies must be kept per university retention rules and regulations. Detailed instructions are provided with grade change forms via a memo from the Registrar’s Office.
A&M Student Rule 10 is the governing authority on grades and grade changes.
The Howdy portal provides convenient access to A&M online services for applicants, students, faculty, and staff. With numerous content channels, the information you need is at your fingertips. Login with your NetID at Howdy portal.
Compass is the university’s web-based student information system. Confidential student academic information is within this system. Careful consideration should be given before submitting a request form to access Compass. If you are given access to Compass, you access it through the Howdy portal.
All Compass access requests are facilitated through your unit business administrator.
All Compass information is to be secure at all times and to be permanently deleted or shredded in accordance the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulation (FERPA) and A&M policies. Contact your unit business administrator for more information regarding keeping this information secure.