The Digital Signage program at Mays Business School is an informational platform aimed at communicating the Mays Vision and Mission: to be a vibrant learning organization that advances the world’s prosperity by creating impactful knowledge and developing transformational leaders.
The primary audience for the Digital Signage platform is:
- Current students, faculty, and staff
- All visitors to Mays
Responsibility for the welcome screens and lobby digital signage program is shared between the Office of Marketing, Communications & PR (marcom), who oversees the content, and Building Management and Information Technology, who manages the equipment installation, technical infrastructure and software.
The welcome screens and lobby digital signage are powered by the Four Winds Interactive system that has been licensed and made available by the University.
Departments who manage department-owned digital signage may be responsible for their own content.
The types of signage will include:
- Welcome signs – Signage to greet special guests, such as corporate partners and guest speakers approved by the Office of the Dean. Welcome signage for prospective students will not be posted.
- School Milestones – Announcements relating to significant Mays milestones, such as information on new programs, rankings, school-wide statistics
- School-Wide Events – Events sponsored by a Mays department that are open to the public or school-wide that illustrate the Mays Vision/Mission
- Achievements/Awards – Student or faculty/staff achievements, awards or accomplishments that illustrate the Mays Vision/Mission
- Recognition – Recognition of donors and other key partners of Mays that help us achieve the Mays Vision/Mission
With the exception of Welcome Signs, content that is directed only toward small target groups will not be posted.
In general, content from those not affiliated with Mays Business School will not be posted, however it may be considered if the group or individual is sponsored by a Mays department.
Content is subject to approval by the Mays Marcom.
No classified ads (cars/apartments/bicycles/computers, etc.)
No personal messages (one person to another)
As a general recommendation, no picture slide shows of events should exceed three consecutive images
No political statements relating to campus, local, statewide or national elections
For lobby and welcome signs: Student organization content unless approved and submitted through Business Student Council
All announcements/news for consideration to be shown on the video monitors throughout the Wehner building should be submitted through a Marketing and Communications request form by the Friday before the week it should run (no exceptions to this deadline will be approved). Mays faculty and staff may submit requests using the Support Request Form. The graphics must be exactly 1280 x 768 pixels in size and .jpg in format. Please provide all information including the start date, end date, and graphics when completing your request. Incomplete or improperly formatted submissions will be returned.
Each advertisement has a short time frame to tell a story, due to the rotating nature of digital signage, so well- designed concise messages are critical.