Mays has a centralized email system. Texas A&M also has a centralized email system known as email (a TAMU Gmail implementation), and a @tamu.edu alias option.
• The two mays.tamu.edu and the email.tamu.edu email systems are different and have different logins and passwords.
• The naming methodology for Mays email accounts is firstname.lastname@example.org. You can create for yourself an alias using the A&M email system where you choose the first half of the address and have @tamu.edu as the second half. Firstname.Lastname is suggested as the first half of your address for an alias email address. This @tamu.edu account is always forwarded as it isn’t an actual email account but only an alias. You can forward to your @mays.tamu.edu account.
You can set up your @tamu.edu address to forward to any mail box you choose such as your departmental email, Gmail account, etc. You can easily change where your mail is delivered by going to Aggie Computing Gateway <http://gateway.tamu.edu> and clicking “Edit Directory”. If you wish to publish your email address (for example, in the campus directory), you should use your @tamu.edu address. For additional information, see “Editing Your Directory Information“.
• For more information visit: gateway.tamu.edu
• Also for A&M activation of NetID, editing your A&M directory information, or changing passwords for your A&M account visit gateway.tamu.edu
• For help with your neo account not Mays) , visit the HelpDesk Central website for online computing support, instructions, and answers to frequently asked questions hdc.tamu.edu. Contact Help Desk at 5-8300.
To log-in to Mays email from outside/off campus
• Go to maysemail.tamu.edu
• Use your normal Mays email login and password.
To log-in via VPN (for Microsoft Outlook 2010 or later)
• You must be connected to the VPN client prior to login (use connect.tamu.edu).
• Close Outlook if open
• Start>settings>control panel>mail
• Click “email accounts” button
• Select “Add new email account option” and click “next.”
• Choose the ‘Exchange server’ option and click “next.”
• Under ‘Exchange Server Settings’:
• Microsoft Exchange Server – transporter.mbs.tamu.edu
• Username – your Mays username
• Click “Next” at the bottom of the window
• Click “Finish” at the bottom of the window
• Open Microsoft Outlook (not Outlook Express) and it should automatically bring up your new e-mail
• For more information regarding the VPN software visit http://hdc.tamu.edu/Connecting/VPN/VPN_Via_Webpage/index.php: