Directories (Mays and A&M)
• Campus number prefixes are: 845, 862, or 458. Throughout this guideline, the on-campus dialing patterns are used (last 5 digits only). For example, 845-4711 is shown as 5-4711. For off-campus, local dialing you must dial 9 plus 7 digits.
• A campus directory is also available in hard copy. Usually can be found in the dock area on the first floor.
A&M Official Work Week
• Administrative offices are open from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. with a one-hour lunch break usually between 12-1 p.m., Monday –Friday.
• Offices within the university may vary their operational hours for business reasons. Office hours must be clearly posted and approved by a unit’s head, e.g., department head or center director.
• Most administrative staff positions at Mays are 40-hour work weeks.
A&M Official Administrative Holidays
For a complete listing of actual dates the university is closed visit the university’s website.
Universal Identification Numbers (UIN)
• Universal identification numbers (UIN) are assigned to every student and employee at A&M. UIN numbers are used on official forms and documents, including payroll and official class rosters instead of a Social Security number.
Student UINs are protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) which is a federal law designed to protect the privacy of educational records, to establish the right of students to inspect and review their educational records, and to provide guidelines for the correction of inaccurate and misleading data through informal and formal hearings.
• Your UIN number was generated as part of your new hire paperwork.
• Among other things, the UIN is used to log into the A&M System’s portal for human resource information. This site is used for annual benefit enrollment (July), online training, payroll information, and staff to track time sheets and leave requests. If you have questions, contact your unit HR representative.
Lost and Found
Lose something in the building? Stop by 158 Wehner or contact the media office at 5-8009 or 2-4203.
Personal office space is assigned by the unit leadership (i.e., department heads and center directors). Most offices are located on the 2nd-4th floors.
Office keys are issued through the support staff of each unit. Faculty, staff, and Ph.D. students will be issued keys appropriate to their functions and needs.
• Employees receive one set of desk keys, office door key, common space key entry, and any additional access necessary for employee to complete normal business functions of their position.
• The exit-from-employment process includes the returning of all building, office, desk keys, parking hang tags and ID cards issued to the departing employee.
LOST KEYS SHOULD BE REPORTED IMMEDIATELY TO YOUR UNIT. Maintaining security to the building and all its components is important.