MBA Venture Challenge
The MBA Venture Challenge asks teams of MBA students to quickly and effectively evaluate early stage start-up firms. This program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Real-world analysis: Participants provide a clear, unbiased and business-oriented evaluation of a business’s market and financial viability.
- Application of learning: Students are challenged to quickly learn a new topic, organize their work, prepare as a team and use classroom lessons to inform their analysis.
- Valuable feedback: Participating MBA students deliver a two-minute elevator pitch and a 20-minute “due diligence” presentation about their assigned business to judges from the business, investment and academic community. Students are evaluated on both their presentation and analytical skills.
- Showcase for talent: The Venture Challenge showcases MBA students and the Mays Business School’s diverse research portfolio to the business and investment community. Past competitions have resulted in job offers for students as well as technology licensing discussions.
2018 MBA Ventures Challenge Winners:
- First Place: Ashwin Prasad, Colin McGoldrick, Johnny Park, Kirsten Galbraith; Rusticatta
- Second Place: Alistair Wallace, Dede Nwanguma, Steven Lawson; LiberWave
- Third Place: Adam Solomon, Michael Byington, Russell Cardon, Tosin Odetola; Pheramor
Applications for 2018 are closed.
Learn more about the results of previous MBA Venture Challenge competitions.