The Marketing Department at Texas A&M University is pleased to announce its 2013 Study Abroad Program in Europe. The Program is open to all majors with an interest in international business.
Come join us on the largest (75 students) and longest continuously running (32 years) program in the history of Texas A&M University. Join us as we visit European businesses and experience the cultures in 7 countries (England, France, Monaco, Italy, Austria, Switzerland, and Germany). It will be the educational experience of a lifetime!!
All majors welcome!
Students from all majors will benefit from the program. The Marketing Department Study Abroad Program will better prepare students for their professional careers by enhancing their ability to relate to other cultures and customs, as well as give students a frame of reference of European businesses and people. U3 or U4 classification, 2.5 GPA, and either MKTG 321 or 409 are prerequisites for participation.
2012 Study Abroad testimonials
"As an undergrad, I never saw myself studying abroad. I just did not think it was in the cards for me. However, when I heard about the Marketing Study Abroad program, I felt like I could not pass up such an amazing opportunity. It was the best decision I have ever made. In 28 days, I was able to see the world, learn about other cultures, and make friendships and memories that I would not trade for anything! It was, without a doubt, the experience of a lifetime."
Click here to read more testimonials from 2012 Study Abroad students.
Join us and...
Visit international businesses
Company representatives from leading international firms meet with students to discuss their strategies for success in world markets. On-site visits and plant tours enhance the learning experience. Upscale London and Paris department stores, Bloomberg, BMW, and Audi are among the exciting visits scheduled.
Experience different cultures
The Study Abroad Program is much more than just business. It is a complete cultural experience. Discover Buckingham Palace and the Tower of London. Explore the Louvre and the sidewalk cafes along the Champs Elysees in the “City of Light.” Marvel at the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps and feel the excitement of the French Riviera and the beautiful Mediterranean. Live the European experience!
Earn course credit
Students successfully completing the Marketing Department Study Abroad Program receive three (3) hours course credit for IBUS/MKTG 402, International Marketing: Study Abroad. Course credit for IBUS/MKTG 403, International Market Entry Strategies, is also available for students who wish to take another 3 semester credit hours. Both courses, and the study abroad experience, count toward requirements for the Certificate in International Business. Both courses are offered as 10-week Summer term courses.
Many sources of financial aid are available
More than 2,000 students have participated in this program since its inception in 1981. Many have received financial assistance with their participation expenses. The number of students receiving aid has increased each year as new sources are made available. The Study Abroad Office (161 Bizzell West) and the Financial Aid Office (in the Pavilion) will assist students interested in obtaining Financial Aid. Visit with them before assuming that you cannot afford the program. Scholarships are available through the Marketing Department for marketing majors, and may be available through other departments for students in other majors.
The price per student for the 2013 Study Abroad Program will be approximately $7,995. The price includes round-trip airfare from George Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport, all ground transportation in Europe, tours of Oxford University and the British Parliament, bike tours in London, Paris and Munich, a river cruise in Paris, King Ludwig's Castle tour, a day at a snow park on top of Mt. Titlis, a Lake Lucerne boat cruise, accommodations at mainly four-star hotels, and a full breakfast at each hotel.
Not included are 10-week Summer Term tuition and fees, costs of obtaining passport, personal expenses, meals other than breakfast, and transportation to and from Bush Intercontinental Airport.
For the experience of a lifetime
Check out the itinerary for more details about this unique international experience.
Act now and get your passport!!!
To ensure plenty of time for passport processing (which can take 3 months or longer), students should download a passport application and or/go to a U.S. post office and apply for their passport as soon as they are accepted into the program.
Find out more and apply for the program
Space is limited to a maximum number of 75 participants.
If you are interested in going on this year's Study Abroad trip, please read through and fill out an application and turn it in to the Marketing Department Main Office, 220 Wehner Building, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Scholarship applications and current information
- Financial Aid Information: In order to apply for any Financial Aid through Texas A&M, you must fill out a Budget Request Form and turn it in to the Department of Student Financial Aid. These forms will be emailed to you upon acceptance to the program. Once you clink on the Financial Aid link above, scroll down to the Study Abroad Programs Office listing and click the link. You will then see information regarding the two scholarships. When you are ready to apply, please click the login button. The same application is used for both of the study abroad scholarships.
- Baggage Info: A PowerPoint Presentation that has important baggage information and helpful pointers for going on the trip. Please be aware of all baggage rules and regulations and look for the most current information at Baggage Essentials.
- Travel Do's and Don'ts: This form has answers to a lot of the travel questions you may have and gives helpful pointers.
- Mandatory Information Sessions - Attendance is required at all meetings.
Other useful links
- Texas A&M Study Abroad Webpage
- TSA Travel Tips
- Application for a U.S. Passport: It is the responsibility of the students who are going on the trip to apply for their own passport. Start this process now!! It can sometimes take three months or more to get a passport.
- Practical Advice
- International Calling Card: This is one calling card website that some students have found to be good. Make sure that you print out country codes to take with you on the trip.
- Rick Steves' Europe: Travel Tips: Travel tips and travel store- Excellent!
- International Student Identification Call (ISIC): The only internationally accepted student ID card and proof of current student status in existence that may provide discounts to certain events while on your upcoming study abroad trip.
- Morgan McCormack - 201K Wehner, (979) 862-4967, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Steve McDaniel - 201G Wehner, (979) 845-5801, email@example.com