We require applicants to take either the GMAT or GRE. International students are encouraged, but not required to take the TOEFL. Although there are no minimums required for admission, we recommend that applicants have at least the following:
- GMAT – 600
- GRE – 150 verbal and 150 quantitative
- GPR – 3.5 (last 60 hours)
- TOEFL – 110
Prospective MS-Marketing students should have all grades and letters sent, tests taken, and scores reported before applying, since no decision can be made without a complete application.
TOEFL and IELTS
To be official, scores must be current and within two years of the date of application. Texas A&M’s Institution Code is 6003. The University’s minimum requirements are:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): If a TOEFL score is submitted, a score of over 100 (Internet-based) or 250 (computer-based) is desired. Additional contact information can be found at www.ets.org/toefl/.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): A minimum score of 6.0. Additional information can be found at www.ielts.org.
- WES evaluation: While other programs might require a WES evaluation, please note that our program has dropped this requirement.
Note: Individual graduate programs within Mays may have a higher requirement.
All students must complete the following courses or their equivalents before they begin the MS-Marketing program:
- STAT 651 — Statistics in Research I (or SCMT, STAT 303 or other three hours of undergraduate statistics)
- MKTG 621 — Survey of Marketing (or MKTG 321/409)
- MGMT 655 — Survey of Management (or MGMT 309/363)
- ACCT 640 — Accounting Concepts and Procedures (or ACCT 209/229)
- FINC 635 — Financial Management (or FINC 341/409)