Mays recognized faculty, staff, and Ph.D. students at the May 2 Faculty/Staff meeting.
– Staff STAR Performer Awards: Valerie Brown (MS-HRM), Angela Catlin (DEAN’S), Shannon Deer (MBA), Pam Harper (FINC), Courtney Hranicky (CED), Molly Painter (MAYS Communications), Chris Potter (ACCT), Tyson Reddic (MAYS IT) and Donna Shumaker (INFO)
– The Association of Former Students 2017 Distinguished Achievement Awards: Henry Musoma (CIBS) for Student Relations, Veronica Stilley (INFO) for Staff, Wendy Boswell (MGMT) for Research, and Connie Weaver (ACCT) for Teaching
– President’s Award for Academic Advising: Casey Kyllonen (PPA)
– Promotion and Tenure, Full Professor with Tenure: Haipeng (Allen) Chen (MKTG) and Subodha Kumar (INFO)
– Promotion and Tenure, Associate Professor with Tenure: Anupam Agrawal (INFO), Stephen Courtright (MGMT), and Yan (Lucy) Liu (MKTG)
– Promotion and Tenure, Clinical Full Professor: David Flint (MGMT), ‘Jon Jasperson (INFO), and Dwayne Whitten (INFO)
– 2017 Presidential Impact Fellows, inaugural class: Sean T. McGuire, assistant professor (ACCT), and Stephen Courtright, assistant professor (MGMT)
– 2017 Piper Professor Award: Arvind Mahajan (MBA Programs).
– Executive MBA and Professional MBA Faculty Excellence Award Class of 2017: Bala Shetty (INFO).
– Dan Robertson MBA Teaching Award: Asghar Zardkoohi (MGMT)
– David and Denise Baggett Teaching Excellence Award: Connie Weaver (ACCT)
– Paula and Steve Letbetter ’70 Chair in Business: Alina Sorescu (MKTG)
– Patricia and Bookman Peters Professor of Finance: Christa Bouwman (FINC)
– Janet and Mark H. Ely ’83 Professorship: Greg Heim (INFO)
– J. Rogers Rainey and Annie Bob Rainey Professorship in Banking and Finance: Hagan Kim (FINC)
– James Ashton Republic Bank Professorship in Finance: Adam Kolasinski (FINC).
– Ernst & Young Professorship in Accounting: Sean McGuire (ACCT).
– Bob ’85 and Kelly ’86 Jordan Professorship in Business: Rogelio Oliva (INFO).
– Teaching Fellowships, Summer 2018 and 2019: Aaron Becker (INFO) and Ramona Paetzold (MGMT).
– Teaching Summer 2017 Grants: Tim Dye (FINC), Sally Guyton (FINC), Sandi Lampo (MKTG), Leslie Seipp (MKTG), and Lisa Troy (MKTG)
– Lockheed Martin Teaching Award: Dwayne Whitten (INFO)
– Nancy and William Gardiner Teaching Excellence Award: Bharathi Shetty (MGMT)
– Outstanding Research Award (Ph.D. students): Joseph Harrison (MGMT), Lexi Kang (FINC), Rakesh Mallipeddi (INFO), Abigail Needles (ACCT), and Eunho Park (MKTG)
– Outstanding Teaching Award (Ph.D. students): In Ji Jang (FINC), Xingzhi Jia (INFO), Brenda Rivera (MGMT), Tara Vakil (ACCT), and Dian Wang (MKTG)
New faculty members :
– Dimitrios Georgakakis, visiting scholar (MGMT)
– DJ Hohertz, administrative coordinator (CED)
– Jye Shafer, program coordinator (CIBS)
– Sipra Datta, business coordinator I (DEANS)
– Daniel Leake, senior IT professional I (DEANS)
– Stacey Wilkinson, administrative coordinator I (MBA)
– Kyle Barley, program coordinator (MS Business)
– Cami Rhome, academic advisor (UAO)
Mays on the Move (within the school):
– Kyle Gammenthaler, lecturer (BUSP)
– Cheryl Junek, business coordinator (BUSP)
– Henry Musoma, lecturer and assistant director (CIBS)
– Joobin Choobineh, associate professor (INFO)
– Susan Fiechtner, associate clinical professor (ACCT)
– Larry Gresham, associate professor (MKTG)
– Clair Nixon, professor (ACCT)