- April 1 Final deadline for Fall entry
- Though some funding requires applications be received by December 10, other funding will still be available to accepted applicants whose applications are received by the April 1 deadline. Although the final deadline is April 1, applications are considered as they are received, so applying earlier is better.
Application submission and departmental review are conducted electronically. Only requested documents will be reviewed.
Our program has three primary objectives:
- Provide candidates with the tools needed to publish research
- Develop advanced competencies for research.
- Prepare candidates for the varied responsibilities of academic careers or for positions
Our PhD in Business Administration – Finance program provides rigorous coursework and research activities for an in-depth understanding of the theoretical, conceptual, and managerial foundations of finance.
Faculty remain active in the field and continue to pursue research in a number of distinct disciplines.
PhD in Business Administration – Finance students have access to world-class career services through the Career Management Center.
The center uses a market-realistic approach that emphasizes our students’ personal responsibility in managing their careers.
“Mays Business School at Texas A&M University offers the resources and incentives that are necessary to compete with top business schools in the world.”
-Philipp Illeditsch, Assistant Professor, Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Recent graduates have accepted tenure-track faculty positions at many excellent business schools, including:
- University of Pennsylvania (Wharton)
- University of Arizona
- University of Georgia
- Oklahoma State University
Generally, the finance department does not admit students unless it can fund their education through competitive Graduate Assistantships.
In addition to the basic stipend, the department may grant fellowships to qualified students.
For PhD in Business Administration – Finance program information, please contact:
Academic Advisor II