Ph.D. in Business Administration Management
Admission is open to all qualified individuals who hold bachelor’s and/or graduate degrees. The review process includes an assessment of the following factors:
- Accredited academic degrees
- GMAT and/or GRE scores, and more
- December 10: Early application deadline
- April 15-May 25: Application closing begins as offers of admission are accepted
- May 26: Final deadline
Completion of a formal application is required of all individuals seeking admission to Graduate Studies.
For help with your application, or to learn more about our program, contact the program coordinator, Laszlo Tihanyi
Email Laszlo or call (979) 845-4851
Candidates can elect to focus their studies in one of the following areas:
- Organizational Behavior/Human Resource Management focuses on the study of human behavior in complex social systems (organizations).
- Strategic Management focuses on the roles and problems of top management teams and strategy formulation and implementation.
The Mays Business School has a five-year limit to its PhD program.
- 64 semester hours required beyond a master’s degree
- 96 semester hours required beyond a bachelor’s degree.
Students and/or their advisory committees may schedule work beyond these minimums
Professional organizations regularly conduct placement activities specifically for doctoral students. Professional associations such as the Academy of Management help students achieve success in these areas.
Work with Exceptional Faculty
- Our faculty include fellows of the Academy of Management (AOM), AOM Board of Governors, Presidents of AOM, Editors and Associate Editors of AOM journals, and AOM division chairs
- Our faculty also hold similar honors and positions in the Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology, Academy of International Business (AIB), and the Strategic Management Society (SMS)
Barrick, M.R., Swider, B.W. & Stewart, G.L. (in press). Initial evaluations in the interview: Relationships with subsequent interviewer evaluations and employment offers. Journal of Applied Psychology.
Graduate assistantships are competitive with other top-ranked universities’ and awarded on a competitive basis.
Additional financial aid Information is available from the Office of Student Financial Aid.
“I had many opportunities to work with the finest scholars in the field..”
-Sandy Wayne '87
Current tuition and fee information can be found on the Student Business Services Website