Our program offers multiple opportunities for students to get experience outside the classroom.
The Professional Program curriculum is designed to accommodate internships during the senior year.
- Audit and Taxation internships: Audit and taxation internships usually occur during the spring semester and are typically eight weeks long. Students in the audit track intern during the first half of the semester while those in the taxation track intern during the second half of the semester.
- Information Systems internships: Information Systems internships usually occur during the fall semesters and typically span 12 weeks.
Accounting Global Immersion Experience
The Global Immersion in Accounting Field Trip is a 17-day adventure to Australia that combines an enriching academic experience with visits to the country’s cultural wonders. This program offers the following features and benefits:
- International experience: Students will be introduced to international opportunities within the public accounting firms, meet with native Australians as well as ex-pats to gain a local and corporate view of business in Australia, and interact with their peers in Australia’s version of the Professional Program.
- Cultural exploration: Students also have the opportunity to explore the Great Barrier Reef, the Daintree Rainforest and the Niau Waterfall and to spearfish with aborigines.
- The Aggie Network in Australia’s major cities: The itinerary combines the traditional sights of Sydney, Cairns and Melbourne with the benefit of seeing the Aggie Network in action across the world plus the opportunity to contribute back to the people of Australia.
Transfer Pricing Certificate
Professional Program students who select the tax track have the option to pursue a certificate in International Transfer Pricing. This option is particularly relevant for students who desire a specialization in corporate income taxation at the state, national and/or international levels. The training received in this program also supports preparation for related careers such as valuation, audit, corporate law, forensic accounting and international finance.
Energy Accounting Certificate
The Energy Accounting Certificate program provides a high-impact learning experience for accounting students who are interested in pursuing opportunities in the energy industry. The program offers students the chance to interact with industry professionals, participate in case competitions and gain valuation interdisciplinary exposure.