Sample Workplace Engagement Training Programs
The Center for Executive Development offers work place engagement courses for professionals. Below is a sample of our workplace engagement offerings.
Coaching and Mentoring
- Learn techniques for future-focused feedback.
- Define and differentiate coaching and mentoring.
- Identify key reasons why employees might not get their job completed and how coaching and mentoring impacts employee engagement.
- Identify why managers avoid coaching and mentoring.
- Identify the benefits of coaching and mentoring.
- Discuss how to conduct effective coaching and mentoring sessions.
- Develop coaching and mentoring skills through role play.
Cognitive Psychology and Decision Making
- Compare economic and psychological theories of decision making under uncertainty. This comparison will be based on results of a number of surveys by Nobel Prize Laureate, Daniel Kahneman.
- Discuss a number of common cognitive biases in decision making under uncertainty.
- Discuss escalation of commitment.
- Discuss a number of business implications of cognitive biases.
Employee Retention Strategies
- Know the full costs (and benefits) attributable to employee turnover.
- Understand the traditional employee withdrawal process and the limitations associated with the process.
- Identify alternative ways to retain valued employees besides increasing job satisfaction.
- Understand how to properly assess employee job satisfaction and reasons for leaving, including common mistakes made by organizations.
- Identify practices of particular importance in retaining younger employees.
Organization Culture and Change
- Develop an understanding of the importance of organizational culture.
- Learn how culture is created, how it manifests itself within the organization, and how organizations can capitalize on their own culture.
- Learn the basics of organizational change, including why people resist change and how this resistance can be overcome.
- Understand how culture can promote change and, in turn, how best to manage a change in culture.
- Identify team considerations/goals critical to project management.
- Develop knowledge of specific components of project planning, organization, leadership strategies and monitoring work behavior (class simulation).
- Define and discuss the “twenty minute planning vs. the twenty second decision” paradox.
- List best practices for turning a work group into a strategic team.
- Gain additional understanding of the importance of open communication skills and trust (Exercise International).
Transferable Leadership Competencies
- Define the term “competencies” and why they are critical for employee development.
- Discuss competencies the organization has identified for leaders at various levels within the organization.
- Identify how the organization’s competencies are tied in with Employees Talent Profile and Succession Planning.