According to Forbes, 93% of employers agree that relevant internship experience is the most important qualification for hiring someone.
Why pursue an international internship? A Global HR News study found that 73% of respondents cited study abroad as important when evaluating the resume of a job candidate for a junior-level position. Another survey found that one out of every two companies would choose a candidate with international experience over another otherwise equally-qualified candidate.
International internships enable students to:
- Gain deeper cultural immersion
- Develop cross-cultural communication skills
- Experience working with professionals in an international environment
- Participate in intensive practical language training
- Apply lessons learned in the classroom outside the U.S.
- Gain valuable international work experience
Earn credit for international internships:
- Business students may receive credit for internships lasting 6 weeks or longer
- Undergraduate students can register for 1 – 4 hours of IBUS 484 with submission of the IBUS 484 Internship Course Form
- Graduate students can register for 1 – 6 hours of BUAD 684 with prior approval from their department head
- Students accepted for IBUS 484 or BUAD 684 credit for an international internship are also eligible for the CIBS Global Programs Scholarship
International internship opportunities include:
- Texas A&M Group International Internship Programs
- Texas A&M Affiliate Providers that offer international internships in business disciplines*
*Students must complete an application in the TAMU Education Abroad Portal for their chosen program prior to applying to the affiliate provider.