Dealmakers in Mergers and Acquisitions
Dealmakers in M&A is an exclusive professionally-led program offered to high-performing Mays Business School students who have strong interest in investment banking, private equity, corporate M&A, transaction consulting or other M&A and transaction-related professional services fields. Selected students from Mays BBA, MS and MBA programs learn the real world dynamics of corporate and financial mergers and acquisitions from experienced and currently active M&A professionals through a combination of lecture and actual deal cases. Real world cases are assessed and presented by student teams and coached by prominent leaders in M&A brought in from around the country on a biweekly basis.
Specific topics covered include among others, finding the right deal, applying valuation methods and techniques, determining pricing and capital structure, developing negotiation skills, evaluating contracts and deal memoranda, and identifying diligence issues.
Applications are accepted each Spring through the Dealmakers in M&A program for the following Fall semester.
Selected Prior Dealmakers in M&A Speakers:
- Larry Gies, Founder and CEO, Madison Capital Partners
- Kent Wallace, Partner, The Sterling Group
- Eliot Kerlin, Partner, Insight Equity
- Doug Aaron, CFO of HollyFrontier
- Jeff Hull, Managing Partner, Highlander Capital
- Mark Dufilho, Managing Director Consumer Markets, Houlihan & Lokey
- Scott Ozanus, Deputy Chairman, KPMG LLP
- Joe Colonnetta, Partner, HBC Investments
- Carolyn Burke, Chief Integration Officer, Dynegy
- William Davenport, CFO, Top Golf Entertainment Group
Selected Dealmakers in M&A Student Testimonials:
“Provides a very good hands-on/practical approach to the subject of M&A. The class sponsors and guest speakers add a lot of value as they gave us tips and insights of what is actually happening in the industry”.
“…extremely informative and insightful course…”
“Great class! I learned so much about the M&A process from a real world standpoint. May be one of the most useful classes I have taken at TAMU”.
“…very interesting, engaging and useful course content…..”
“Real life applications of M&A concepts and principles; exciting guest speakers”.