Quantitative Finance and Research Program
The Quantitative Finance Program (QFR) is designed to help students in the program to be equipped with quantitative and research skills necessary for applying to PhD programs in Finance or Economics.
The skill sets are also highly valuable for the quantitative fields in private sectors, such as hedge funds, quant-based private equity funds as well as most of investment banks.
Top-tier PhD programs in finance, including our own Mays Business PhD program, consistently place students to research institutions and highly respected private finance institutions. Our previous placements for the last decade include in no particular order: Arizona, Penn (Wharton), Georgia, Kansas, Bentley, Baylor, Georgia Tech, Louisiana State, Black Rock, JP Morgan, Tulane, Bank of America, Nanyang Tech, Hong Kong Polytech, Beijing.
Key benefits of the QFR program include:
- Specialized course work in mathematics and finance, including a research method course that
introduces financial modeling and research tools commonly used in PhD programs and quantitative finance industries
- Potential placement in doctoral seminar courses
- Participation in academic finance conferences
- Ability to attend weekly seminars to hear the latest research from faculty in the field
- Application assistance when applying to a PhD program
- Continuous mentoring from the Program Director, Department Head, and Program Coordinator to help students successfully pursue their career in the academic field or in quantitative finance industries
Admission is by application only; incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
Application Instructions for QFR
The deadline for QFR Class II is listed below. They are due by 11:59 PM CST. Applications received after the deadline will be NOT be considered.
QFR Class II applications are due October 3, 2021, 11:59 PM CST.
There will be a second opportunity for application in spring 2022. Date TBD.
Interested applicants should schedule an appointment with Dr. Hagen Kim, firstname.lastname@example.org
Once students have met with Dr. Kim, they are eligible to apply.