Marketing Study Abroad
The Marketing Department at Texas A&M University is pleased to announce its 2021 Study Abroad Program in Europe. The program is open to all majors with an interest in international business.
NOTE: Of course, if the COVID-19 situation doesn’t improve dramatically, the trip will be cancelled, as it was last summer. That decision will be made in January. We won’t go if it’s not safe! But you will need to go ahead and apply to reserve your spot – and apply soon.
Come join us on the largest and longest continuously running (40 years until the pandemic hit) program in the history of Texas A&M University. Join us as we visit European businesses and experience the cultures in seven countries (England, France, Monaco, Italy, Austria, Germany, and Switzerland). It will be the educational experience of a lifetime! View this video from our 2019 trip to sneak a peak at all the program has to offer.
ALL MAJORS ARE WELCOME!
Students from all majors will benefit from the program. The Marketing Department Study Abroad Program will better prepare you for your professional careers by enhancing your ability to relate to other cultures and customs, as well as give you a frame of reference of European businesses and people. Prerequisites are a 2.5 GPA when you apply and successful completion of MKTG 321 or 409 before Summer 2021. Applications for the 2021 program will open soon through the Education Abroad office. In the past, we have filled up soon, so you should apply early, especially since this year we plan to take only 60 students, instead of our usual 80.
Applications for the 2021 program are now open! Apply now!
2019 Study Abroad Testimonials
Elise Hueter: “The Mays Marketing Study Abroad trip was the best month of my life! I don’t think I will ever be able to have another opportunity like this. Not only did I get to experience amazing countries and cultures, but I got to meet amazing people as well! If you are looking for an experience to better yourself academically and worldly, I would highly recommend this trip.”
Matt Lattin: “The Mays Marketing Study Abroad truly felt like the definition of work hard, play hard! Every day seemed like there were unlimited things to see and do. When I got home, I felt like I had fresh eyes to evaluate how I live my life and approach my career moving forward.”
Caitlin Cracraft: “The Mays Marketing Study Abroad wasn’t just a typical study abroad, it was much more. It was a once in a lifetime experience filled with professional skills, exploring new places, multiple adventures, and lifelong friends. For 28 days, I was surrounded by the most encouraging, friendly people. The staff is incredible and I have learned so much more exploring the world than I could any other way. It will be an experience I will never forget and will forever encourage others to sign up and experience it for themselves!”
Join us and…
Visit International Businesses
Company representatives from leading international firms meet with students to discuss their strategies for success in world markets. On-site visits and plant tours enhance the learning experience. Upscale retail stores, advertisement agencies, Swarovski, and BMW are among the exciting visits scheduled.
Experience Different Cultures
The Study Abroad Program is much more than just business. It is a complete cultural experience. Discover the Palace of Westminster and the Tower of London. Explore the Louvre and the sidewalk cafes along the Champs-Élysées in the “City of Light.” Feel the excitement of the French Riviera and the beautiful Mediterranean. Experience the rush of Austrian adventure sports. Marvel at the breathtaking beauty of the Swiss Alps. Live the European experience!
Earn Course Credit
Students successfully completing the Marketing Department Study Abroad Program receive three (3) hours course credit for IBUS/MKTG 402, International Marketing: Study Abroad. Course credit for IBUS/MKTG 403, International Market Entry Strategies, is also available for students who wish to take another 3 semester credit hours. Both courses, and the study abroad experience, count toward requirements for the Certificate in International Business. Both courses are offered as 10-week Summer term courses.
Sources of Financial Aid are Available
More than 3,000 students have participated in this program since its inception in 1981. Many have received some financial assistance with their participation expenses. The Education Abroad (Pavilion 1st floor) and the Financial Aid Office (in the Pavilion) will assist students interested in obtaining financial aid. Visit with them before assuming you cannot afford the program. Scholarships are available through the Marketing Department for marketing majors, and may be available through other departments for students in other majors.
The price per student for the 2021 Study Abroad Program will be $9,367 (including a $500 non-refundable deposit). This price includes round-trip airfare from George Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport; all ground transportation in Europe; tours of Oxford University and the British Parliament; bike tours in London, Paris, and Munich; a river cruise in Paris; tours in Avignon, King Ludwig’s Castle tour; a day at a snow park on top of Mt. Titlis; a Lake Lucerne boat cruise; accommodations at four-star hotels; and a full breakfast at each hotel.
For students who opt to book their own airfare or use frequent flyer miles, the price for the 2021 Study Abroad Program will be $8,287 (including a $500 non-refundable deposit). This price includes all of the activities listed above with the exception of round-trip airfare from George Bush Houston Intercontinental Airport.
Not included are 10-week Summer Term tuition and fees, costs of obtaining passport, personal expenses, outdoor sports, meals other than breakfast, and transportation to and from Bush Intercontinental Airport.
For the Experience of a Lifetime…
Check out the itinerary for more details about this unique international experience.
Look at a slideshow of the 2019 trip.
Read testimonials from students who went on this past trip!
Act Now and Get Your Passport!
To ensure plenty of time for passport processing (which can take 3 months or longer), students should download a passport application and/or go to a U.S. post office and apply for their passport as soon as they are accepted into the program. The Center for International Business Studies in Mays Business School as well as Texas A&M’s Education Abroad office also provide passport assistance.
Find Out More and Apply for the Program!
Applications will start being accepted during the Fall semester. Because space is limited, students are encouraged to apply the first week applications are open.
Scholarship Applications and Current Information
- Financial Aid Information: In order to apply for any financial aid through Texas A&M, you must fill out a Budget Request Form and turn it in to the Department of Student Financial Aid. These forms will be emailed to you upon acceptance to the program. Once you click on the Financial Aid link above, scroll down to the Study Abroad Programs Office listing and click the link. You will then see information regarding the two scholarships. When you are ready to apply, please click the login button. The same application is used for both of the study abroad scholarships.
- Baggage Info: View this PowerPoint Presentation that has important baggage information and helpful pointers for going on the trip. Please be aware of all baggage rules and regulations and look for the most current information at British Airways Baggage Policy.
- Travel Do’s and Don’ts: This form has answers to a lot of the travel questions you may have and gives helpful pointers.
- Mandatory Information Sessions: Attendance is required at all meetings.
Other Useful Links
- 2019 Marketing Study Abroad Program Highlight Video
- Texas A&M Education Abroad Webpage
- TSA Travel Tips
- Application for a U.S. Passport: It is the responsibility of the students who are going on the trip to apply for their own passport. Start this process now! It can sometimes take three months or more to get a passport.
- Practical Advice
- Step-by-Step Guide to Studying Abroad
- Rick Steves’ Europe: Travel Tips: Travel tips and travel store – Excellent!
- International Student Identification Card (ISIC): The only internationally accepted student ID card and proof of current student status in existence that may provide discounts to certain events while on your upcoming study abroad trip.
- “Marketing study-abroad trip transforms students”