Europe Marketing Study Abroad
The Marketing Department at Texas A&M University is pleased to announce its 2023 Study Abroad Program in Europe. The program is open to all majors with an interest in international business. The only requirements are the completion of MKTG 321 or 409 before we depart, and a 2.5 GPA.
Come join us on the largest and longest continuously running (42 years) program in the history of Texas A&M University, and the largest (we usually take 80 students). Join us as we visit European businesses and experience the cultures in 7 countries (England, France, Monaco, Italy, Austria, Germany and Switzerland). It will be the educational experience of a lifetime!
ALL MAJORS ARE WELCOME!
Students from all majors will benefit from the program. The Europe Marketing Study Abroad Program will better prepare you for your professional careers by enhancing your ability to relate to other cultures and customs, as well as give you a frame of reference of European businesses and people. Applications for the 2023 program are now open open through the Education Abroad office.
The program cost will be approximately $8,315 (or approximately $7,249 if arranging own air fare/using frequent flier miles). The price includes round-trip air fare, all ground transportation in Europe, 4 bike tours and other tours, a day at a snow park on the top of Mt. Titlis in Switzerland, boat cruises in Paris and Lucerne, accommodation at all 4-star hotels, and breakfast accommodation at each hotel. Not included are 10 week summer term tuition, university fees, costs of obtaining a passport, personal expenses, outdoor sports, most means other than breakfast, and transportation to and from George Bush Intercontinental Airport.
2022 Study Abroad Testimonials
Kaya Arthur: “Through my experience with the Europe Marketing Abroad Program, I have gained a deeper understanding of the European business environment, improved my cross-cultural communication skills, and developed an invaluable worldview alongside 68 Aggies who are now my closest friends. Overall, I felt so privileged that the staff encourages us to take advantage of European culture inside and outside of the classroom.”
Katie Davis: “The Europe Marketing Study Abroad was an incredible once-in-a lifetime experience! Getting to travel through Europe with over 70 TAMU students and staff members was an opportunity I will never forget! It was a month full of adventures and company visits that really opened my eyes to the world and all it has to offer. I returned with closer friendships, more knowledge, and a fresh perspective on life! to anyone who is considering this trip, I highly encourage you to apply! It may very well be the best month of your life!”
Emily Hunter: “The marketing Study Abroad was one of the most enriching experiences I have ever had. Not only did ii get to travel and learn about business, art, history, architecture, and the world around me, but made lifelong friendships that I will cherish forever. The experience not only taught me about the world but about myself. Getting to travel the world alongside people who have become my best friends and mentors to me will forever be one of the richest experiences of my life. I cannot recommend this trip enough!”
Join us and…
Visit International Businesses
Company representatives from 15 companies in 7 countries meet with students to discuss their strategies for success in world markets. On-site visits and plant tours enhance the learning experience. Advertisement agencies, perfume companies, Swarovski, and BMW are among the exciting visits scheduled.
Experience Different Cultures
The Study Abroad Program is much more than just business. It is a complete cultural experience. Discover the Palace of Westminster and the Tower of London. Explore the Louvre and the sidewalk cafes along the Champs-Élysées in the “City of Light.” Feel the excitement of the French Riviera and the beautiful Mediterranean. Live the European experience!
Earn Course Credit
Students can earn 3 or 6 hours of credit. Everyone successfully completing the program will receive 3 hours of credit for IBUS/MKTG 402, International Marketing: Study Abroad. Course credit for IBUS/MKTG 403, International Market Entry Strategies, is also available for students who wish to take another 3 semester credit hours. Both courses, and the study abroad experience, count toward the Certificate in International Business and satisfy the International Cultural Diversity requirement. Both courses are offered as 10-week Summer term courses.
Click on the links above to preview sample syllabi.
Mark your calendars
Pre-departure mandatory students session dates:
- Monday, January 23rd (7:00-9:00pm)
- Monday, February 20th (7:00-9:00pm)
- Monday, March 20th (7:00-9:00pm)
- Monday, April 24th (7:00-9:00pm)
Students and their families are invited to the Family Weekend Bar-B-Q on April 15 (noon).
Sources of Financial Aid are Available
More than 3,000 students have participated in this program since its inception in 1981. Many have received some financial assistance with their participation expenses. The Education Abroad (Pavilion 1st floor) and the Financial Aid Office (in the GSC) will assist students interested in obtaining financial aid. Visit with them before assuming you cannot afford the program.
For the Experience of a Lifetime…
See the preliminary itinerary for the planned details about this unique international experience!
View the flyer of the planned 2023 trip.
Explore a slideshow of the 2022 trip.
Look at a video of the 2019 trip. (The 2023 trip will be similar)
Read testimonials from students who went on previous trips!
Act Now and Get Your Passport!
To ensure plenty of time for passport processing (which can take 3 months or longer), students should download a passport application and/or go to a U.S. post office and apply for their passport as soon as they are accepted into the program. The Center for International Business Studies in Mays Business School as well as Texas A&M’s Education Abroad office also provide passport assistance.
Find Out More and Apply for the Program!
Applications are open now! Because space is limited, students are encouraged to apply the first month applications are open. Applications are open until November 1. Apply here.
Scholarship Applications and Current Information
- Financial Aid Information: In order to apply for any financial aid through Texas A&M, you must fill out a Budget Request Form and turn it in to the Department of Student Financial Aid. These forms will be emailed to you upon acceptance to the program. Once you click on the Financial Aid link above, scroll down to the Study Abroad Programs Office listing and click the link. You will then see information regarding the two scholarships. When you are ready to apply, please click the login button. The same application is used for both of the study abroad scholarships.
- Baggage Info: View this PowerPoint Presentation that has important baggage information and helpful pointers for going on the trip. Please be aware of all baggage rules and regulations and look for the most current information at British Airways Baggage Policy.
- Travel Do’s and Don’ts: This form has answers to a lot of the travel questions you may have and gives helpful pointers.
- Mandatory Information Sessions: Attendance is required at all meetings.
Other Useful Links
- 2019 Marketing Study Abroad Program Highlight Video
- Texas A&M Education Abroad Webpage
- TSA Travel Tips
- Application for a U.S. Passport: It is the responsibility of the students who are going on the trip to apply for their own passport. Start this process now! It can sometimes take three months or more to get a passport.
- Practical Advice
- Step-by-Step Guide to Studying Abroad
- Rick Steves’ Europe: Travel Tips: Travel tips and travel store – Excellent!
- International Student Identification Card (ISIC): The only internationally accepted student ID card and proof of current student status in existence that may provide discounts to certain events while on your upcoming study abroad trip.
- “Marketing study-abroad trip transforms students”
- Dr. Steve McDanimailto:firstname.lastname@example.org – 201G Wehner, (979) 845-5801, email@example.com
- Shivangi Saxena – 201G Wehner, firstname.lastname@example.org