Associate Director, Reynolds and Reynolds Sales Leadership Institute
Clinical Associate Professor
Andrew Loring, Ph.D. is the Associate Director of the Reynolds and Reynolds Sales Leadership Institute and Clinical Associate Professor in the Department of Marketing at Mays Business School, Texas A&M University. Andrew is also a Gallup Certified Strengths Coach and international speaker. Andrew’s professional experience at Verizon Wireless paired with his Marketing and Human Resource Development education, allows him to help individuals in these specific ways:
- He educates, trains, and prepares college students for careers in marketing/sales and,
- He creates customized approaches for companies to better recruit and hire future sales leaders from Texas A&M University
He does this by offering Gallup Strengths Coaching to all students and by understanding the unique hiring needs of companies. After coaching, students are better able to understand and apply their personality characteristics and strengths to their professional and personal life. Strength’s coaching paired with hands-on, experiential learning leads to greater individual emotional intelligence and success. In addition to individuals, Andrew also coaches managers and teams which leads to greater productivity and higher engagement whether in the classroom or on the job.
- Loring, A. and Wang, J. (2021). Engaging Gen Z in professional selling: a systematic literature review, European Journal of Training and Development, Vol. ahead-of-print, No. ahead-of-print. https://doi.org/10.1108/EJTD-07-2020-0120
- Loring, A., Parish, J. T. (2021). The world needs university-educated salespeople. Sales Education Annual, 2021(15), p. 30-31.
- Loring, A, J., & Brown, B. (2021, February 17-19). What engages Gen-Z in the workplace? An exploratory study of inside sales representatives [Paper presentation]. Academy of Human Resource Development 2021 Virtual Conference.
- Loring, A., Parish, J. T. (2020). Sales skills are skills for life. Sales Education Annual, 2020(14), p. 8-9.