Yan (Lucy) Liu
Associate Professor of Marketing
- Yan (Lucy) Liu is an Associate Professor in Marketing and Retailing Studies at the Mays Business School. Her research interests are in structural modeling, consumer dynamic choice, brand and product management strategies. Her research has been published in Management Science, Journal of Marketing, Production and Operations Management, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, and Journal of Consumer Psychology. She has teaching experience in marketing principles, marketing research, and pricing courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Woo Jin Choi, Haipeng Chen, Haoying Sun, Yan Liu “Choosing Between High-End and Low-End Products.” (forthcoming, Journal of Consumer Psychology)
- Li, Krista J. and Yan Liu (2019), “Same or Different? An Aesthetic Design Question,” Production and Operations Management 28, no. 6 (2019): 1465-1485.
- Liu, Yan, Venkatesh Shankar and Wonjoo Yun (2017), “Sources and Financial Consequences of Product-harm Crises: Evidence from Automobile Industry.” Journal of Marketing 81.5.30-48
- Liu, Yan, Krista Li, Haipeng Chen and Subramanian Balachander(2017), “An Empirical Study of Product Design’s Effect on Sales and Marketing Effectiveness: The Role of Segment Prototypicality and Brand Consistency.” Journal of Marketing 81.1: 83-102.
- Liu, Yan and Venky Shankar (2015) “The Dynamic Impact of Product-Harm Crises on Brand Equity and Advertising Effectiveness: An Empirical Analysis of the Automobile Industry,” Management Science 61.10, 2514-2535
- Liu, Yan and Subramanian Balachander (2014). “How long has it been since the Last Deal? Consumer Promotion Timing Expectations and Promotional Response,” Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 12 (1), 85-126.
- Balachander, Subramanian, Yan Liu, and Axel Stock (2009). “An Empirical Analysis of Scarcity Strategies in the Automobile Industry,” Management Science, 55 (10), 1623-1637.
Production and Operations Management