Yan (Lucy) Liu
Associate Professor of Marketing
Yan (Lucy) Liu is an Associate Professor in Marketing and Retailing Studies at the Mays Business School. Her research interests are in structural modeling, consumer dynamic choice, brand and product management strategies. Her research has been published in Management Science, Journal of Marketing, Production and Operations Management, Quantitative Marketing and Economics, and Journal of Consumer Psychology. She serves as an Associate Editor for Decision Sciences and is on the Editorial Review Board for Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science. She has teaching experience in marketing principles, marketing research, marketing metrics, and pricing courses at both undergraduate and graduate levels.
- Haipeng Chen, Woo Jin Choi, Haoying Sun, and Yan Liu (2021), “More or Less? Consumer Goal Orientation and Product Choice.” Customer Needs and Solutions 1-11.
- Woo Jin Choi, Haipeng Chen, Haoying Sun, Yan Liu (2020) “Guess Who Buys Cheap? The Effect of Consumers’ Goal Orientation on Product Preference,” Journal of Consumer Psychology, 30 (3), 506-514
- Li, Krista J. and Yan Liu (2019), “Same or Different? An Aesthetic Design Question,” Production and Operations Management 28, no. 6 (2019): 1465-1485.
- Liu, Yan, Venkatesh Shankar and Wonjoo Yun (2017), “Crisis Management Strategies and the Long-Term Effects of Product Recalls on Firm Value.” Journal of Marketing 81.5.30-48
- Liu, Yan, Krista Li, Haipeng Chen and Subramanian Balachander(2017), “The Effects of Products’ Aesthetic Design on Demand and Marketing-Mix Effectiveness: The Role of Segment Prototypicality and Brand Consistency,” Journal of Marketing 81.1: 83-102.
- Liu, Yan and Venky Shankar (2015) “The Dynamic Impact of Product-Harm Crises on Brand Equity and Advertising Effectiveness: An Empirical Analysis of the Automobile Industry,” Management Science 61.10, 2514-2535
- Liu, Yan and Subramanian Balachander (2014). “How long has it been since the Last Deal? Consumer Promotion Timing Expectations and Promotional Response,” Quantitative Marketing and Economics, 12 (1), 85-126.
- Balachander, Subramanian, Yan Liu, and Axel Stock (2009). “An Empirical Analysis of Scarcity Strategies in the Automobile Industry,” Management Science, 55 (10), 1623-1637.
- Li, Tom, Yan Liu, Man Li, Xiaoning Qian, and Susie Y. Dai. “Mask or no mask for COVID-19: A public health and market study.” PloS one 15, no. 8 (2020): e0237691.
- Liu, Yan, Richard L. Kilmer, and Jonq-Ying Lee. “Canadian orange juice imports and production level import demand.” Journal of Agribusiness 25, no. 345-2016-15140 (2007): 17-29.