Prior to each semester faculty will receive a form requesting textbook information used for each course being taught. This form should be turned in to department support staff for processing.
The forms require the following information:
- Course number and section
- Number of students projected in class
- Faculty must also note if the textbook is required or recommended.
For additional information regarding textbook, ordering contact Wanda Justice at 845-0355.
Review copies/desk copies of textbooks
- Teaching faculty may request to receive a review copy of textbooks. Your unit’s support staff can obtain these copies from the publishers.
Accommodations for students with disabilities (ADA guidelines)
- It is the students’ responsibility to provide the instructor with documentation showing that they have registered with A&M’s Disability Services and the requested accommodation.
- It is the instructors’ responsibility to work with Disability Services to provide reasonable accommodations.
- For complete guidelines, visit Disability Services.
Grade change requests
Grade change requests are processed online through the Howdy system. A summary of the grade change process follows (for additional details, review instructions from the Registrar’s Office).
- Use Howdy to browse to the “Class Roster” for the course
- Click on the “Final Grade Change” link
- Select the revised grade from the dropdown list for the appropriate student(s)
- Select a reason from the dropdown list
- Click the “Submit Grade Changes” button
- Your request will be routed electronically to your department head (as a courtesy, you might send a note to the department head to let them know the grade change request is pending)
A&M Student Rule 10 is the governing authority on grades and grade changes.
The Howdy portal provides convenient access to A&M online services for applicants, students, faculty, and staff. With numerous content channels, the information you need is at your fingertips. Login with your NetID at Howdy portal.
Compass is the university’s web-based student information system. Confidential student academic information is within this system. Careful consideration should be given before submitting a request form to access Compass. If you are given access to Compass, you access it through the Howdy portal.
All Compass access requests are facilitated through your unit business administrator.
All Compass information is to be secure at all times and to be permanently deleted or shredded in accordance with the U.S. Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Regulation (FERPA) and A&M policies. Contact your unit business administrator for more information regarding keeping this information secure.