The Cocanougher Center is a multi-purpose special event space made available by the Dean’s Office for use by Mays Business School departments and units. The Dean’s Office manages the reservation process and monitors the use of the Center to ensure that the following guidelines are adhered to. The Dean’s office reserves the right to decline reservations based on failure to adhere to these guidelines. The Dean reserves the right to use the center at any time if it is needed for a university, college-wide or high priority event. The decision to cancel existing reservations for this purpose rests solely with the Dean.
Guidelines for Reservation and Use of the Cocanougher Special Events Center
Hours of Operation
The Cocanougher Special Events Center (Cocanougher Center, room 183) normal hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. These hours and days may be extended depending on the nature of the event. It is requested that all events held in the Cocanougher Center be concluded by 10:00 p.m.
Capacity in the Cocanougher Center is 78 people with tables and 135 people without tables. Any event that exceeds these limits will be subject to reservation cancellation and/or the reserving party will assume any and all liabilities associated with overcrowding the facility which includes but is not limited to, answering to Health, Safety, and Fire officials in the event of an emergency or inspection.
Eligibility for Use
The Cocanougher Center is available for Mays Business School use ONLY.
The Cocanougher Center cannot be utilized for commercial or political purposes or for any event resulting in financial gain for an individual or group.
Priority for Use
Permission for use of the Cocanougher Center will be given on a first-come, first-served basis. However, functions involving major stakeholders and major programs take priority over all other events. On the rare occasion that the Cocanougher Center is needed for a priority event that conflicts with a reservation, you will be contacted and given the opportunity to reschedule.
Pre-booking is currently allowed for:
- Dean’s sponsored events
- New student orientations
- Business Fellows
- Mays sponsored career fairs
General Policies for Cocanougher Center Operations
- No alcoholic beverages are allowed on the premises.
- Appropriate behavior will be observed at all times.
- Users are responsible for leaving the Center facilities clean and orderly after use and are responsible for any damages incurred. A clean-up fee of $250 may be assessed if the Center is left unclean. Future use of the Center also may be denied.
- Decorations may NOT be affixed to any walls, windows, ceilings, or stairways.
- Tables and chairs will be examined for damage after each event.
- Candles are not permitted.
- Pets are not allowed (except Reveille and animals that assist disabled individuals).
- No Smoking policy (including smoke free tobacco) is in effect throughout the Wehner Building, including inside and immediately outside.
- Anyone using the Center must abide by the rules and regulations of Texas A&M University.
- Mays Business School will not be responsible for lost or stolen articles, or for any liability arising from the use of the Center. Lost articles will be placed in the Lost & Found in Wehner 158, Contact the Facilities Office at 862-4203 or email@example.com.
- Recognized Business Student Organizations may utilize the Cocanougher Center with approval and supervision of the organization’s faculty or staff advisor. For a complete listing of recognized student organizations, refer to http://studentactivities.tamu.edu
- When using the Cocanougher Center, you agree to the following:
- The event contact person is required to be present during the entire function.
- The event contact person will assume responsibility for the actions of all the guests.
- It is the event contact person’s responsibility to ensure that all guests are aware and comply with the rules and regulations of the Cocanougher Center as outlined above.
- Failure to abide by the rules and regulations above may result in the organization and the event contact person/faculty adviser’s privileges to use the Cocanougher Center be revoked.
- Failure of a group to exercise proper care of the facility will result in cancellation of remaining reservations. Cost of repairs or replacement of damaged facilities, or excessive housekeeping costs, will be billed to the organization. Members of the organization must be fully informed by the applicant of the regulations governing reservations.
- A key to the Cocanougher Center must be obtained from the Facilities Office, Wehner 158, prior to the event during normal business hours. The Cocanougher Center must be locked upon conclusion of the event.
- For events that are scheduled on Saturdays or Sundays:
- Contact the Facilities Office in Wehner 158, 862-4203 to make sure access to the building is available.
- Obtain a key to the Cocanougher Center from the Media Office, Wehner 158, on the Friday prior to your event.
Reservations must be submitted via the Cocanougher Reservation Form. (You must be logged on to Maysnet with an authorized Mays user ID.) You can determine room availability by checking the Special Events calendar in Outlook, but a reservation request must be received via e-mail utilizing the Cocanougher Center Reservation request form on Maysnet. Confirmation of a reservation will be sent via e-mail within 2 working days from the time the written request is received, or as time allows for future reservations.
1) We accept current semester requests as they come in on a first come basis.
2) Spring semester requests can begin at noon on the first day of the Fall semester.
3) Summer semester requests can begin at noon on the first day of the Spring semester.
4) Fall semester requests can begin at noon on the first day of the Summer semester.
Please resubmit your requests, after the start time, according to this schedule, and we will be happy to handle it in the order in which it is received.
All cancellations and changes to a reservation must be made via e-mail. Notice of cancellation of reservations must be received no later than 72 hours prior to the date of the event. It is imperative that the reservation office is informed immediately of the cancellation of an event. Failure to comply with the cancellation of an event procedure prevents use of the Center by other organizations, and may impact the organization being able to submit future reservation requests.
Catering, Food & Beverages
If a caterer is used or if food is delivered, someone from your group must be on-site at all times. This person must be a Mays Faculty and/or Staff member and be the point of contact/adviser for this event. The center has a food preparation and staging area available for serving a variety of meals, snacks and refreshments.
Responsibilities of clean up include:
- Leaving the room with all tables and chairs cleaned and returned to original positions
- Washing, drying and storing all utensils, kitchen equipment and dishes
- Wipe down all counter tops, cabinets, stove, oven, and refrigerator
- Removal of catering equipment immediately after the event
- Removal of additional furniture and/or AV equipment
- Removal of all meeting materials
- Removal of all leftover food and trash immediately after the event
- Locking and securing Center doors before leaving
Parking and Handicapped Access
Please contact Transportation Services at 979-845-9700 for parking arrangements.
Tables and Chairs
The Cocanougher Center is currently equipped with 13 round tables and approximately 78 chairs. The tables and chairs are located in the Cocanougher Center.
For larger events, your group must handle the room set-up or you can contact Rudder Theater Complex for assistance at 845-8903. Room set-up is the responsibility of the organization/group/program reserving the Cocanougher Center. The room must be returned to its original configuration after use.
Technology and Equipment Usage
The Facilities Office will coordinate requests for technology and equipment usage. They can be reached at 862-4203 or firstname.lastname@example.org.