Mays IT Service Desk
In order for us to start processing your IT requests you will need to log into our MaysNet IT Portal to create your IT account profile.
The website is: http://managemays.tamu.edu/portal. Type in your Mays ID and password to access the website.
By logging into the IT system, it will accomplish a few things:
- It will create your IT account profile and also open up communication channels with us for all the requests you submit. This is a necessary first step in obtaining the support and IT services you’ll need going forward. We can then communicate with you directly via the system. You will begin to receive emails directly to your @mays.tamu.edu inbox so that you won’t always need to access the system. They will show up in your inbox as “From: tickets” (firstname.lastname@example.org). Once in the system, you will also be able to submit tickets directly to us.
- In addition, you can manage your submitted service requests and see the ongoing status updates and history. You can add comments, change its priority and communicate to one or more parties regarding each issue.
- Mays IT posts the latest in reported spam and viruses, informs of any outages and lets you know of system updates and/or upgrades.
- Lastly, you will also be able to utilize our knowledge base for tips and tricks and FAQ’s for your technology resources.
- This system ensures that your requests are taken care of in a timely manner; that each and every request is addressed thoroughly; and also assists in our tracking the types and volume of issues. When you submit a service request, all members of Mays IT are notified immediately. Your request will be assigned to the person best equipped to manage it. The system provides a very good portal of communication between you and Mays IT. Through the comments feature you will be informed of what is being done and can post any follow up questions or comments.
- The service request system also provides accountability, emailing periodic reminders (every three business days, and every 2 hours for high priority tickets) to ensure that your request is not forgotten and is taken care of in as timely a manner as possible.