The Staff Council is a distinct group because of its representative nature, consultative role, and consensus-seeking process. It attempts to be the “eyes and ears” of Mays Business School Staff. It is consultative to the Dean of Mays Business School. It is also a representative body of the Mays Business School staff.
The Council provides a means for uniting the Mays staff community in order to express ideas and concerns of Mays staff. All Council recommendations and decisions will be developed by consensus; however, under certain circumstances, the Dean and the Council may choose to attain a majority through voting to decide a course of action.
- Chair – Meaghan Marler, Department of Information and Operations Management
- Vice-Chair – Sarah Hooper, Undergraduate Advising
- Sarah Bugh, Career Management Center
- Kyra Gunn, Center for Executive Development
- Lauren Osborne, Center for Retailing Studies (At-Large)
- Jennifer Garcia, Department of Finance
- Kimberly Scherer, Department of Management
- Ed Mora, Department of Marketing
- Meghan Williams, James Benjamin Department of Accounting
- Tyson Reddic, Office of the Dean
Mays staff are also encouraged to participate in community outreach programs sponsored by Mays Business School. For more information on these opportunities, please visit Mays Community Outreach.
Texas A&M Staff Emergency Fund
Did you know that Texas A&M has a Staff Emergency Fund program? It was created to help Texas A&M staff members who are experiencing a temporary hardship due to a significant life event. This includes, but is not limited to, death of a family member, natural disaster, and serious illness/critical injury. For additional information about the fund including eligibility criteria or ways to donate, visit Staff Emergency Fund.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.