Raymond Ideas Challenge
About The Raymond Ideas Challenge:
The Raymond Ideas Challenge encourages undergraduate and graduate students to dream up the next great product or service and enter their big idea in this campus-wide competition. This program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Real-world experience: Students receive valuable experience developing business concepts, writing skills and presentation abilities.
- Networking opportunities: Students have the opportunity to network with the judges and gain invaluable contacts.
Participation: Students who are pursuing any major are encouraged to submit applications describing their concept.
Selection process: Members of the business and academic worlds judge each submission and the top 40 are named finalists. Finalists present their concept to judges from the business community who challenge them with questions.
2018 Important Dates
- Wednesday, October 3, 2018: Applications Open
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018: Applications Close
- Tuesday, November 27, 2018: Finalist Workshop
- Thursday, November 29, 2018: Online Voting Begins
- Thursday, December 6, 2018: Raymond Ideas Challenge
2017 Raymond Ideas Challenge Winners:
First Place: David Delamater, Matt Kellogg, Adam McGaffin, Gustavo Ordonez, Nathan Wiatrek; The OxiScope
Second Place: Philip Bowie, Cole Fincher, Wesley Kuehn, Michael New, Isaac Pitblado, Jana Soares; TOBOR
Third Place: Ryan Alderink, Jack Clark, Grace Fan, Alejandra Hernandez, Pulkit Jain, Kendel Lipe; Hexamania
Dean Barbalias, David Barbalias, Haley Conrad; Neptune Sensors
Jillian King, Grace Tsai, Elizabeth Latham Sheets; Bioom
Garrett Ransom, Kristin-Sophie Strittmatter; U’DERS
Frank DiRosa, Briana Martinez; Smart Gun Holster
First Place Video Pitch: Darrecia Johnson; EMPOWER
Second Place Video Pitch: James Dickey, Dylan Secrest; Interlynx
Third Place Video Pitch: Ally Calandro; The Expeditionary School
Learn more about the results of previous Ideas Challenge competitions.