MBA Venture Challenge
The MBA Venture Challenge asks teams of MBA students to quickly and effectively evaluate early stage start-up firms. This program offers a number of unique features and benefits:
- Real-world analysis: Participants provide a clear, unbiased and business-oriented evaluation of a business’s market and financial viability.
- Application of learning: Students are challenged to quickly learn a new topic, organize their work, prepare as a team and use classroom lessons to inform their analysis.
- Valuable feedback: Participating MBA students deliver a two-minute elevator pitch and a 20-minute “due diligence” presentation about their assigned business to judges from the business, investment and academic community. Students are evaluated on both their presentation and analytical skills.
- Showcase for talent: The Venture Challenge showcases MBA students and the Mays Business School’s diverse research portfolio to the business and investment community. Past competitions have resulted in job offers for students as well as technology licensing discussions.
2019 MBA Venture Challenge Winners:
- First Place: Hasan Ahmed, Ahad Azimuddin, Hang Quan, Shelley Ruohonen, Jordan Williams; Medicinbox LLC. Sponsored by the McFerrin Center.
- Second Place: Mark Dearden, Ahmed Ibrahim, Korbin King, Michael Reasor; VoCo. Sponsored by Aggie Angel Network.
- Third Place: John Buancore, Cole Dietz, Clyde Fomunung, Chris Raman, Koki Tobita; Krueger Labs, Inc. Sponsored by FIBERTOWN.
Elevator Pitch Winners
- First Place: Mark Dearden, Ahmed Ibrahim, Korbin King, Michael Reasor; VoCo
- Second Place: Hasan Ahmed, Ahad Azimuddin, Hang Quan, Shelley Ruohonen, Jordan Williams; Medicinbox LLC
- Third Place: Travis Black, Steven Carlson, Sooby Guha Thakurta, Robert Kelley, Jichao Zhang; ScribeRule Inc.
- Best Written Deliverable: Hasan Ahmed, Ahad Azimuddin, Hang Quan, Shelley Ruohonen, Jordan Williams; Medicinbox LLC
- Best Presenter: Ahad Azimuddin; Medicinbox LLC and Mike Reason; VoCo
Learn more about the results of previous MBA Venture Challenge competitions.