The Raymond Scholarship
The McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship sponsors a $5,000 per year scholarship through The Frank J. and Jean Raymond Foundation, Inc. This scholarship is for the benefit of Texas A&M University undergraduate students affiliated with Mays Business School.
To be considered for this scholarship:
- Applicant must be enrolled at Mays Business School at Texas A&M University – College Station.
- Applicant must at least have achieved Junior level classification (completed 60 credit hours) by start of Fall 2018.
- Applicant must be in good academic standing, with a minimum GPA of at least 3.0.
- Applicant must have an interest in entrepreneurship.
New applicant – must submit:
- Online Application Form
- Letter of Reference: Provide at least one recommendation on official letterhead from an employer, professor, or advisor.
- Resume: Include work experience, extra-curricular activities, honors and awards achieved, and leadership roles. Be sure to highlight entrepreneurial activities. Successful candidates are expected to have significant out of classroom experiences.
Applications will be taken each spring. Two recipients will be selected each year and this scholarship is renewable for a second year pending satisfactory review by the granting foundation (no letter of recommendation necessary for scholarship renewal). Representative(s) of the granting foundation will be involved in the review of applications.
Sharon and Fred Hudspeth ’61 Scholarship in Entrepreneurship
The Sharon and Fred Hudspeth ’61 Scholarship in Entrepreneurship is managed through the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship in the Mays Business School.
AWARD & ELIGIBILITY
Scholarship recipients are awarded $1,000 per academic year.
To be eligible for consideration:
- Applicant must exhibit financial need.
- Applicant must be of senior classification by start of Fall 2018.
- Applicant must have demonstrated an interest in and aptitude for starting their own business/becoming an entrepreneur.
1) Fill out the application form.
2) Resume: Include work experience, extra-curricular activities, honors and awards achieved, and leadership roles. Be sure to highlight entrepreneurial activities.
All applications will be reviewed and processed by the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship.
Entrepreneurial Experiences Fund
The Entrepreneurial Experiences Fund is provided by the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship to help enable students who are pursuing an entrepreneurship centered experience such as a pitch competition, conference, or applicable study abroad program. These funds are available to any Texas A&M student and are offered year round. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Students must complete an online application that must be submitted at least six weeks prior to when the funds are needed. Applicants, please allow 2 weeks for application processing.
Any student who receives support through the Entrepreneurial Experiences Fund must participate in the Experiences Showcase hosted by the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship. In addition, award recipients must complete a post-trip recap within one month of the experience conclusion.