Deadline to apply for Startup Runway is Friday, September 21st.
Once you are convinced that entrepreneurship is right for you, Startup Aggieland can help you take that next step and pursue your entrepreneurial interests. Our pre-accelerator program, Startup Runway, is specifically designed to enable you to discover and validate the feasibility of launching a startup company around an idea or product. Through various workshops, mentorship and programs such as Startup Runway you will discover what it will take to turn your idea into a business.
Through a combination of curriculum, mentoring, and other experiential opportunities, you will learn how to identify potential customers, understand their customer needs, and define the value your product or service must provide in order to be a viable business. Ultimately, completing the Startup Runway program will cultivate your understanding of how to find which market your product or service fits, if any, and evaluate whether a startup company should be formed.
Startup Runway Objectives/Deliverables
Through Startup Runway, you will:
- Learn and apply the principles of Lean Launch Methodology in order to evaluate an early-stage product or business idea
- Develop and validate a Business Model Canvas based on data gathered from customer discovery
- Be able to effectively communicate the business opportunity for your new idea or product
- Generate sufficient data to make an informed “Go/No-Go” decision about your idea or product
- Develop fundamental knowledge and skills that will prepare you for participation in other programs at the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship
- Have access to Startup Aggieland facilities, including co-working and meeting spaces
Startup Runway Eligibility
Startup Runway is open to all currently enrolled students at Texas A&M. Students who apply should be able to identify a business idea or product they would like to evaluate and possibly pursue after completion of the program. Due to the nature of the Startup Runway curriculum, students will be required to work in teams of 2-5 students. Teams allow for a more objective and comprehensive evaluation of the idea or product and ensures the best opportunity to be successful in completing the program.
Students without an idea or team members are strongly encouraged to apply. Startup Runway is designed to allow for students to find an idea they would like to work on, as well as identify prospective team members.
Students accepted into the program will be required to attend specified program events, lectures, workshops, and monthly cohort pizza and mentorship nights. Students should expect to commit a minimum of 10-15 additional hours per month outside of program events working on the evaluation of their selected idea or product. Teams will be asked to provide regular updates to their peers and provide monthly progress reports. If students consistently fail to meet program requirements, they may be asked to exit the program.