Startup Fast Pass
Startup Fast Pass is a fast-paced introduction to the basic principles of how to transform a business idea into an actual startup in just one weekend. The program has been carefully designed to be highly experiential providing participants a real feel for the roller-coaster ride that is launching a startup. At the beginning of the weekend, students form teams around an idea. Over the course of the weekend each team will develop a business model, market and customer analysis, and final presentation. Throughout the weekend each team is also paired with a trained member of the Startup Fast Pass Student Leadership Council and a mentor, both of whom help participants navigate the process of launching a business under extreme constraints. By Sunday afternoon each team will present their startup to a Pro Panel of successful entrepreneurs, business owners, and professionals.
Who Can Participate
Only currently enrolled students at Texas A&M University may participate in Startup Fast Pass. To be considered for Startup Fast Pass students must submit an online application and be selected as a participant. Students must apply as individuals and can apply with or without a business idea. Applicants are not evaluated based on their business ideas or lack thereof. Several days prior to the weekend event, selected students participate in a 2-hour bootcamp which gives them a chance to meet each other and prepare them for what to expect during the weekend.
- Any currently enrolled Texas A&M University student
- All majors are invited and encouraged to apply
- Students of all classifications, including graduate and professional students
What Students Gain
Startup Fast Pass offers a number of benefits to students who complete the weekend:
- Make meaningful progress on your business idea in just one weekend.
- Don’t have a startup idea? This is a great way to join a team and become a part of something meaningful.
- Learn all about Lean Startup Methodologies and how you can use them for your business or career.
- Make powerful connections with mentors and fellow student entrepreneurs.
- If you’re unfamiliar with what it means to be an entrepreneur, this is the perfect place to start.
- Discover that you’re capable of anything…with enough caffeine and pizza that is!
Mentors are an integral part of the Startup Fast Pass experience. As a mentor you will help teams think through vital aspects of their venture such as target customer, branding, market viability, product viability and more. Most importantly you’ll serve as a sounding board for ideas and will use your knowledge and experience to help students avoid common pitfalls when launching a business. If you’re an experienced professional who is interested in learning how to become a Startup Fast Pass mentor then please contact Tyler Jo Reason.
At each Startup Fast Pass all meals, materials, and resources are provided through the program. Startup Fast Pass is offered at zero cost to students which would not be possible without the generous support of our sponsors and corporate partners. If you’re interested in supporting our student entrepreneurs as a sponsor please contact Tyler Jo Reason.