MS Accounting Online
Who Should Apply?
The online Masters in Accounting is designed for working professionals who are:
- Working in accounting and want to pursue CPA certification or promotion
- Seeking a career change into the field
- Balancing the demands of a career, family, and other priorities
The online MS in Accounting is a new degree delivery option based on the quality curriculum offered through the James Benjamin Department of Accounting.
Questions? Please reach out to:
Clinical Assistant Professor
Tracks of Study
Students will be able to select between two tracks, which share core courses but differ in terms of specialized coursework:
- Audit track
- Tax track
Designed with working adults in mind, the online Master of Science in Accounting is offered in a blended format:
- Asynchronous components provide flexibility. Work where you want, when you want.
- Synchronous learning provides valuable classroom experience as a weekly scheduled session.
High Quality / Rankings
The online Masters of Accounting is taught by the same esteemed faculty that teach the highly ranked in-person program.
Some highlights of our rankings include:
- 1st ranked Masters in Accounting program in the US – Eduniversal (2019)
- 13th public graduate program, U.S. News and World Report (2021)
The Aggie Network
When you earn an online Master of Science in Accounting, it’s a Texas A&M degree. You’re an Aggie–go get that ring!
In addition, you’ll benefit from being a part of one of the largest alumni associations in the nation: the Association of Former Students of Texas A&M University
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics , employment in accounting and auditing is expected to grow 6 percent through 2031. About 136,400 openings for accountants and auditors are projected each year over the next decade.
Individuals who have a professional certification, especially CPAs, should have the best prospects at developing their career.
- Individuals seeking advanced degrees are often eligible for employer tuition assistance.
- You’ll be developing new skills that can be immediately applied to your current position or a position that you seek.
- The online format will allow you the flexibility to maintain your work, education and life balance.
- You’ll learn from some of the nation’s top educators.
Students in the degree program will benefit from the following services:
- Career Management Center
- CPA exam preparation and administration
- Corporate Recruiting
The Aggie Spirit
You’ll get to experience the Aggie Spirit first-hand as part of an on-campus orientation at the beginning of the first year of the program, which will include training for course technologies, a primer on “being an Aggie,” and social opportunities to meet other students and faculty.
You’ll be part of the Aggie family–from day one until forever.