Return on Investment
The MS Accounting program provides students with a significant return on their investment through:
- Development of a deep knowledge base: The MS Accounting program challenges students to deepen their conceptual, technical, analytical, communication and leadership skills.
- Applied learning: Students develop their decision-making and teamwork skills through extensive use of case studies and class discussions.
- Well-qualified instructors: Experienced faculty who have superior professional credentials and are recognized for their teaching ability lead interactive classes.
- Real-world experience: Students gain real-world accounting experience through participating in internships with accounting firms, corporations and government agencies.
- Preparation for the CPA exam: Students who complete the required coursework fulfill Texas’ Certified Public Accountant (CPA) exam educational requirement and have the opportunity to take the CPA exam before graduation.
- Career counseling: The MS Accounting program offers professional advice to current students in course selection and employment options based on their individual career goals.
- Networking opportunities: Students have access to professional opportunities where they can network with top accounting professionals who work with state, national and international public accounting firms and corporations.