Applications must be complete with the requirements below to be considered
The application for Fall 2024 entry will open 9/15/23
See the Prerequisites and Admissions Standards tabs for additional details.
- GRE/GMAT scores
- We recommend that you sign up for the GRE ‘At-Home’ testing option, and after you submit make sure you write down your quantitative score and/or take a photo. Once you leave the submission page, you won’t have access to your scores for approximately 2 weeks. This could result in an incomplete application. It’s possible to take the GMAT; however, you won’t get your unofficial scores immediately (it could take up to 7-10 days), delaying your application and possibly preventing being able to apply by the deadline.
- You must take the entire GRE exam (verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and verbal). We require 70th percentile on the quantitative section and recommend focusing your study efforts in that area.
- Ensure your resume is up to date with jobs/internships held since beginning college in addition to future summer internships attained.
- Prompt: Tell us a little about yourself, background and why you are interested in pursuing the M.S. in Quantitative Finance. What are your career goals immediately following successful completion of this degree, and longer term? What is your motivation to begin at this time and how is this degree going to enhance your professional life? Max 2 pages, double-spaced.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Submit unofficial transcripts (PDF) of all colleges attended, including TAMU
- Attend an INFO Session
- You must attend an INFO Session prior to application. For May 2023, you can RSVP and obtain a list of dates for the sessions (Zoom only).
When Location Who
MSQF Priority 1 Admissions Deadline 10/29/23 Application Open 9/15/23 A&M Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors
MSQF Priority 2 Admissions Deadline (International student deadline) 1/7/24
Application Open 11/1/23 A&M Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors
Orientation (required, 8:30am - 5:30pm) 5/1/24 Wehner Building Fall '24 Students
Summer Self-Study 5/13/24 - 8/2/24 Online All students must have continuous access to WiFi during summer
Math Camp 7/30/24 - 8/13/24 Wehner Building Fall '24 MSQF Students
FINC 601 Boot Camp 8/3/24 - 8/16/24 Wehner Building Fall '24 MSQF Students
- Texas A&M Sophomores: Sophomore Start allows Texas A&M undergraduates to achieve an early start. They will begin taking MSQF courses in August of their entry year, while working to finish their undergraduate degree.
- Texas A&M Juniors: Junior Start allows Texas A&M undergraduates to achieve an early start. They will begin taking MSQF courses in August of their entry year, while working to finish their undergraduate degree.
- Texas A&M Seniors: Senior Start allows Texas A&M undergraduates to take one MSF course during their senior year before beginning their full time MSF year after undergraduate graduation.
- International Students: January 7, 2024 is the International Student Deadline. International Students must complete 100% of the prerequisites prior to application.
- *Note to students with excess credit hours: Students that are classified as a junior or senior as a result of excess transfer credit hours upon entry to their undergraduate degree can contact us to clarify admission qualifications.
Priority 1 Round: All students can apply (sophomores through college graduates)
Priority 2 Round: All students can apply (sophomores through college graduates); International Student deadline
Final Round: Only domestic students can apply (sophomores through college graduates)
Career Fair Advantage: You will know if you’re admitted by the end of Add/Drop week for each semester, which enables you to update your resume in plenty of time for the career fairs!