Applications must be complete with the requirements below to be considered
The application for Fall ’23 is now open!
See the Prerequisites and Admissions Standards tabs for additional details.
- GRE/GMAT scores
- We recommend that you sign up for the GRE ‘At-Home’ testing option, and after you submit make sure you write down your quantitative score and/or take a photo. Once you leave the submission page, you won’t have access to your scores for approximately 2 weeks. This could result in an incomplete application. It’s possible to take the GMAT; however, you won’t get your unofficial scores immediately (it could take up to 7-10 days), delaying your application and possibly preventing being able to apply by the deadline.
- Ensure your resume is up to date with jobs/internships held since beginning college in addition to future summer internships attained.
- Tell us a little about yourself, background and why you are interested in pursuing the M.S. in Quantitative Finance. What are your career goals immediately following successful completion of this degree, and longer term? What is your motivation to begin at this time and how is this degree going to enhance your professional life? Max 2 pages, double-spaced.
- Unofficial Transcripts
- Submit unofficial transcripts (PDF) of all colleges attended, including TAMU
Recommended GRE Test Date August 15, 2022
Last Date to Take the GRE for Priority 1 Round October 27, 2022
MSQF Admissions Application Priority 1 Deadline October 28, 2022
Recommended GRE Test Date December 14, 2022 (allows 2 chances before Priority 2 deadline)
Last Date to Take the GRE for Priority 1 Round January 5, 2023
MSQF Admissions Application Priority 2 Deadline January 6, 2023 (International Student Deadline)
MSQF Admissions Application Final Round March 10, 2023
Orientation (required, 8am - 5pm) May 3, 2023
Math Camp Begins August 1, 2023 (3 weeks)
MSQF Boot Camp (3 credits) August 5 - 18, 2023
- Texas A&M Sophomores: Sophomore Start allows Texas A&M undergraduates to achieve an early start. They will begin taking MSQF courses in August of their entry year, while working to finish their undergraduate degree.
- Texas A&M Juniors: Junior Start allows Texas A&M undergraduates to achieve an early start. They will begin taking MSQF courses in August of their entry year, while working to finish their undergraduate degree.
- Texas A&M Seniors: Senior Start allows Texas A&M undergraduates to take one MSF course during their senior year before beginning their full time MSF year after undergraduate graduation.
- International Students: January 6, 2023 is the International Student Deadline.
- *Note to students with excess credit hours: Students that are classified as a junior or senior as a result of excess transfer credit hours upon entry to their undergraduate degree can contact us to clarify admission qualifications.
Priority 1 Round: All students can apply (sophomores through college graduates)
Priority 2 Round: All students can apply (sophomores through college graduates); International Student deadline
Final Round: Only domestic students can apply (sophomores through college graduates)
Career Fair Advantage: You will know if you’re admitted by the end of Add/Drop week for each semester, which enables you to update your resume in plenty of time for the career fairs!