Eight Mays professorsÂ andÂ 10 PhD studentsÂ were honored for their teaching, research and service during the business school’s spring faculty/staff meeting in May.
Two master teachers earned the year-long Mays Fellowship for Teaching Innovation. They are Marketing Professor Jeffrey S. Conant, who is also Department of Marketing head-designate, Presidential Professor for Teaching Excellence and Eppright University Professor in Undergraduate Teaching Excellence; and Clair Nixon, the PricewaterhouseCoopers Accounting Excellence Professor.
Earning 2006 Summer Teaching Grants for assessment-related projects are
Marketing Professor Paul Busch, Associate Professor of Accounting Annie McGowan, Assistant Professor of Management Elizabeth E. Umphress and Clinical Assistant Professor of Information and Operations Management Dwayne Whitten.
Associate Dean for Graduate Programs Bala Shetty, the Jenna & Calvin R. Guest Professor, was honored with the Dan H. Robertson Distinguished Core MBA Faculty Award. The award’s counterpart in the Executive MBA program, the Executive MBA Teaching Award, went to Asghar Zardkoohi, T.J. Barlow Professor of Management.
PhD students were also honored for their service in the classroom and in the research field.
Earning the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Research by a Doctoral Student are: Kirsten Cook, accounting; Ariel M. Viale, finance; Arunachalam Narayanan, information and operations management; R. Michael Holmes, management; and Tarun Kushwaha, marketing.
Earning the Dean’s Award for Outstanding Teaching by a Doctoral Student are: Lale Guler, accounting; Brooke W. Stanley, finance; Jeremy M. Brann, information and operations management; William J. Worthington, management; and Ann M. Mirabito, marketing.
Also, Mays community members celebrating major milestones in years of service in 2006 together represent 430 years of experience.
Our veteran faculty and staff are:
- Kammy Baumann, Real Estate Center assistant editor, 20 years
- Paul S. Busch, professor of marketing, 20 years
- Jeffrey S. Conant, professor of marketing, 20 years
- Camille Crow, Dean’s Office business administrator, 20 years
- Nancy McQuistion, Real Estate Center associate editor, 20 years
- Arun Sen, professor of information and operations management, 20 years
- Linda Windle, Undergraduate Program Office assistant director, 20 years
- Larry G. Gresham, Jr., associate professor of marketing, 25 years
- Ricky W. Griffin, executive associate dean, 25 years
- James H. Leigh, associate professor of marketing, 25 years
- Marietta J. Tretter, professor of information and operations management, 25 years
- Rajan Varadarajan, Distinguished Professor of Marketing, 25 years
- Asghar Zardkoohi, T.J. Barlow Professor of Management, 25 years
- Charles M. Futrell, Federated Professor of Marketing, 30 years
- Steven D. Grossman, associate professor of accounting, 30 years
- Richard Haney, professor of real estate and finance, 30 years
- Lorence L. Bravenec, professor of accounting, 35 years
- Donald S. Fraser, Hugh Roy Cullen Chair in Business, 35 years