The McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship has released the finalists for the 2021 Texas High School Ideas Challenge. This inaugural competition is the only state-wide entrepreneurial contest offered exclusively to High School students across Texas. Teams from every region of Texas applied for this year’s competition but only 30 ideas were selected to compete. This year’s competition will award over $10,000 in prize money.
Public viewing of the competition is not available. The winners of the 2021 Texas High School Ideas Challenge will be announced via live stream on Friday, April 30 at 3:30 PM. Those interested in viewing the Awards Presentation can do so at tx.ag/TXHSIdeasAwardsCeremony.
Listing of Finalists
The finalist teams and their respective High Schools and cities are included below.
- Allowance – Vista Ride High School, Cedar Park
- Bible Land – McNeil High School, Austin
- Chance Tickets – Centennial High School, Frisco
- CollegeHype – Clint ISD Early College Academy, Clint
- Connect Link to Creativity – Clements High School, Sugarland
- DropaBall – Champion High School, Boerne
- Entity – Centennial High School, Frisco
- Environmate – Centennial High School, Frisco
- Farmer Adam – A&M Consolidated, College Station
- Florescents – Elkins High School, Missouri City
- Go!Board – The Woodlands College Park High School, The Woodlands
- How to Reduce Food Waste in Schools Using Emerging Technology – Cypress Woods High School, Cypress
- Indus Naturals – Vandegrift High School, Austin
- Industrifilm – Dulles High School, Sugarland
- Memory Packages – Liberal Arts and Science Academy, Austin
- New Experience for Online Job Search – Centennial High School, Frisco
- Panacea Therapeutic Socks – William B. Travis High School, Richmond
- PRACTICE PALS – Klein Cain High School, Klein
- Pure Bliss Water Production System – The Woodlands Christian Academy, The Woodlands
- Rentek – Liberal Arts and Science Academy, Austin
- A.P.P.E. by MC – Frisco High School, Frisco
- Shuttle – Memorial High School, Houston
- Sole Cold – Boerne Champion High School, Boerne
- Student Power – The Village School, Houston
- Teen Jobs App – Del Valle High School, Del Valle
- TowerApp – MacArthur High School, Irving
- Track&Charge – LASA High School, Austin
- UnDistract – James Bowie High School, Austin
- Vitally Green – La Vega High School, Waco
- WalkThru – Vista Ridge High School, Cedar Park
About Texas High School Ideas Challenge
The Texas High School Ideas Challenge motivates high school students to explore entrepreneurship and discover the benefit of an entrepreneurial mindset. There is no business plan or product development required for the Texas High School Ideas Challenge. Students must prepare and submit a compelling application that illustrated the creative, careful, and methodical planning that has gone into their idea.
About McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship
The McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship provides experiential programs, events, and education for entrepreneurs at Texas A&M University and across the state of opportunities for entrepreneurial students at Texas A&M University. We are committed to the success of entrepreneurs and believe that they are the cornerstone of a robust economy and nation.
Categories: McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship