Stephanie Burns, February 19th, 2019
The Memorial Student Center at Texas A&M University was bustling on Feb. 18 with business and community leaders serving as judges for the 2019 MBA Venture Challenge. Fourteen teams of Full-Time MBA students eagerly awaited their time to shine in front of the judging panels with the hope that they would take home 1st place at this year’s competition.
The MBA Venture Challenge is an annual competition held in partnership between the Mays MBA Program and the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship. The 2019 MBA Venture Challenge wrapped up its 18th year with three winning teams going home with a total of $10,000.
The winning teams – announced at a networking and awards reception immediately after the Venture Challenge – are:
- First Place: Hasan Ahmed, Ahad Azimuddin, Hang Quan, Shelley Ruohonen, Jordan Williams; Medicinbox LLC
- $5,000 sponsored by the McFerrin Center for Entrepreneurship
- Second Place: Mark Dearden, Ahmed Ibrahim, Korbin King, Michael Reasor; VoCo
- $3,000 sponsored by the Aggie Angel Network
- Third Place: John Buancore, Cole Dietz, Clyde Fomunung, Chris Raman, Koki Tobita; Krueger Labs, Inc.
- $2,000 sponsored by Fibertown
- Elevator Pitch: Mark Dearden, Ahmed Ibrahim, Korbin King, Michael Reasor; VoCo
- $500 sponsored by Mays Business School