Outstanding Alumni Award Nominations
The Outstanding Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed by Mays Business School on its former students. To date, the school has honored 94 Former Students who have made outstanding contributions in their chosen fields with significant impact, innovation, and influence at the school, in their community, and beyond.
2022 nominations are CLOSED as of January 7, 2022 at midnight. 2023 nominations will open in Fall 2022.
All graduates of Mays Business School are eligible for nomination. Business graduates of Texas A&M University prior to the naming of Mays Business School in 1996 are also eligible and include graduates of the Texas A&M School of Business Administration, Texas A&M College of Business Administration, and Lowry Mays College & Graduate School of Business.
Mays Business School honors graduates who have stepped up to live lives of distinction and who embody the Aggie core values – loyalty, integrity, excellence, leadership, selfless service, and respect. Recipients come from all industries, have been active in their communities, and continue to serve their alma mater.
The alumni chosen for the award represent Mays Transformational Leaders: Responsible, ethical leaders with entrepreneurial mindsets and vision. They have strong business competencies and personify selfless service.
Prospective nominees must possess a history of contributing “Time, Treasure & Talent” as defined below:
- Time: Must demonstrate the commitment of “Time” including but not limited to speaking engagements with Mays Business School students, involvement in Mays Advisory Boards, etc. Consideration will also be given to the donation of “Time” with regard to involvement in other Texas A&M University activities such as the Association of Former Students, The 12th Man Foundation, The Texas A&M Foundation, and more. The contribution to Mays Business School is not the sole criteria.
- Treasure: Shall have made a past or committed to a future financial contribution for Mays Business School. In addition to that critical Mays contribution, consideration will also be given to financial commitments to the above-mentioned Texas A&M organizations. The donation of a candidate’s “Treasure” should recognize and be all-inclusive of any voluntary financial contribution and/or commitment that further the recognition and standing of organizations and activities across Texas A&M University.
- Talent: Must have led an exemplary and highly successful career all the while demonstrating The Core Values of Mays Business School and Texas A&M University.
Many highly successful alumni have graduated from Texas A&M. It would be impossible to quantify. It is the demonstrated commitment and donation of “Time and Treasure”, along with a history of the prospective honoree’s “Talent”, that makes an individual a future potential recipient of the prestigious Mays Business School Outstanding Alumni Award.
Nomination Packet Requirements
Nominations are reviewed and selected by a committee. The following online nomination form must be completed. In addition, one letter of recommendation and one bio (both in .pdf format) need to be uploaded to complete the nomination.
- After the nomination deadline, the Dean’s Advisory Board’s Marketing Communications Committee members receive, review, and submit their top three nominees in rank order. The top six nominees based on total points received are sent to the Final Selection Committee.
- The Final Selection Committee convenes to select three (or four) awardees to be recognized at the Mays Business School Outstanding Alumni Awards Dinner in the fall. This committee is comprised of the Executive Director of Innovation and Strategic Planning, Director of Experience Team, Mays Texas A&M Foundation Senior Development Officer, Chair of the Dean’s Advisory Board, and the two Marketing Communications Committee Co-Chairs.
- Dean confirms the selections and notifies Awardees.
This form is currently closed for submissions.
If you experience any issues submitting the form above, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.