Admission to Texas A&M’s Professional MBA program is a selective, competitive process. The following highlights candidate qualifications and the selection process:
- Professional experience: Candidates need to have a minimum of two years of professional work experience.
- Competitive GMAT or GRE scores: Candidates must have taken either the GMAT or GRE within the past five years and scored at the 50th percentile or higher on both the verbal and quantitative sections.
- Undergraduate degree: A candidate needs to have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution recognized by Texas A&M. The admissions committee does not require a specific minimum GPA but will consider the candidate’s GPA during the last 60 hours of the undergraduate program.
- Currently employed: The candidate must be employed full-time when applying for the program and when program commences.
Admission process: Candidates are strongly encouraged to apply as early as possible due to limited class size and high demand. A Professional MBA admissions committee evaluates applications based on the following considerations:
- Professional work experience, career and advancement potential
- Potential for contributing to the learning experience
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Motivation and commitment to completing the program
- Ability to balance an academically challenging program, ongoing career responsibilities and personal life
The admissions committee strives to announce its decisions in six weeks or less. However, this time frame may be extended during times of particularly high volume.
Requirements for international students: Applicants from other nations who do not hold an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S. institution may need to complete additional requirements to be considered. These requirements include:
- TOEFL or IELTS results: International students who do not hold an accredited undergraduate or graduate degree from a U.S. institution need to have TOEFL scores above a minimum of 600 on the paper test, 250 on the computerized version or 100 on the TOEFL iBT. International students also may present the IELTS with a score of 7 or higher.
- Request a waiver of the TOEFL requirement. A candidate should send an email to email@example.com to request this waiver prior to submitting an application. The waiver request should include an overview of the number of years of education with English instruction and professional experience with English as the primary language of communication. This request needs to have the candidate’s GMAT score (total score along with score/percentile for the verbal and analytical writing assessment sections). The candidate also may describe the amount of time he or she has spent living and working in the United States, or another environment where English is the official/primary language.