Resilient and Agile Engineering Solutions to Address Societal Challenges such as Coronavirus Pandemic
September 2020 | Agrawal, Anupam
- We review the coronavirus pandemic and discuss salient aspects of the virus, the disease, its impact, propagation and treatment options
- We examine the current testing processes and the need for developing new tools such as lab-on-the-chip.
- We examine how nanotechnology and ultra-precision engineering hold the promise in developing resilient measures to tackle the pandemic.
- We also examine how digital manufacturing and automation can help productivity and how modeling and simulation can aid drug and vaccine discovery.
- We explore design for manufacturing approaches required for developing new face masks and PPE’s.
- We discuss the short- and long-term impact of COVID-19 on supply chains, climate change, and lifestyles.
Materials Today - Chemistry